Do you subscribe to the weekly DG newsletter?

There are a total of 388 votes:

Yes, I anxiously await it every Monday morning.
(117 votes, 30%)
Red dot

Yes, but I sometimes do not have time to read it.
(192 votes, 49%)
Red dot

No, I do not subscribe to the newsletter. (Why?)
(38 votes, 9%)
Red dot

There is a newsletter? (How do I sign up?)
(41 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

I had no idea there was a news letter
laurawege

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, I get the newsletter and I enjoy skimming through it.

I learn things about gardening that I wouldn't have known about on my own.

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

I don't read it because Dave's is usually my first stop to read every morning anyway.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i received it for a while but i only have so much time in the day and i found i wasn't reading it. i'm either on dg or in the garden....or going through the motions of a "real" life outside of gardening! lol

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

You can easily subscribe to the newsletter.

1) Click the My Info tab at the top of the page.
2) Select the Manage your preferences link.
3) You'll see the Newsletter option in the column at the side of the page.

Davenport, IA(Zone 5a)

I receive the newsletter, but don't always read it, since I'm here most of my free time, anyway!

Most of the info is "old stuff" (since I've already viewed it), by the time I get the newsletter.

I do, however, think it's a great resource for those members who don't have the opportunity to spend much time on DG.

Sasha

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I subscribe to it but as time is a factor I can't always read it. I do eventually read it all when I get on Dg and then I remember seeing things on the news letter and then I will read. Mostly late at night.

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Sometimes I get to read it, and when I do - sometimes it's pertinent, and sometimes not (different zones in Canada, and a lot of it is for US zones...)

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I'm subscribed to the newsletter and absolutely love it, but since the week I changed my email address, I have not received it.

(Zone 1)

I enjoy the weekly newsletter! I do spend a lot of time browsing forums on DG, but it's still nice to get the newsletter every Monday morning when I open e-mail. Only thing missing from the newsletter is a crossword puzzle, LOL! ^_^ Every morning I read our local newspaper while having my coffee and then I do the crossword puzzles before starting the day!

hmm .. a crossword puzzle pertaining to plants, flowers and trees sounds like it might be fun!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Hmm....crossword puzzle? That might be fun....I'll see if we can do something about that. Anyone else interested in such a feature, ....if we can pull it off?

Candyce, you have mail. We'll get you back on the list.

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

In enjoy the newsletter, too. Sometimes I'm reminded of an article I wanted to read, but missed, or I see a photo I want to check out on PlantFiles. Oh, and of course I ALWAYS want to know how many postings we had the previous week on the Ceramics & Pottery forum!!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

It is fun to see what is posted and learn about new plants or new tips for plants animals etc. You never know what might be in it each week and have enjoyed and klearned from many of the articles.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

I usually just skim the newsletter, since one of the first places I go in the morning is to DG; but I look to see if there's an article I've missed, or check out the featured plant. I love the idea of a crossword puzzle, but I know they're a lot of work to put together. Maybe we could have one at the beginning of each month?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

A bit of DG trivia for those who weren't around.

In the 'prehistoric' version of the newsletter, the most sought after statistic was how many members had signed up. Sometimes we had as many as 5 new members in a whole week! (cause for celebration) Of course we counted down to the 500th member and the 1000th member with great anticipation and interest as well. (Dave even gave us a fireworks show for the 1000th member.)

This was early 2001.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Nope. I generally prefer to go find the information I want when I need it.

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

I really enjoy the newsletter. Wish I was with DG from 2001.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Neat on the fireworks... I missed them. :(

Yes on the crossword puzzle. I go to Jigzone.com and do a puzzle every day, and I'd love to see one here at DG.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Gee, I didn't know the newsletter had been around that long! I joined in 2005 and I don't think I started getting the newsletter till a couple of years ago. Huh, must have missed a box to check or something. :-)

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

The newsletter in its present form has only been around a few years. The 'prehistoric' one was simply a list of statistics and a gardening quote or two. No nice images or articles.

Oak Lawn, IL(Zone 5a)

I don't have time to read every article. I scan through it and manage to read one or two of the articles, but I do save each newsletter. All the articles I've read are wonderful and informative articles!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Like some of the others have said, I have usually already read the articles throught the previous week, but it's still nice to see them again and open one if, for some reason, I hadn't had a chance to read that article already.

It's kind of a nice way for me to ease back into the work week . . .

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

ah - Jigsaw puzzles would be nice. I like crossword puzzles all right, but would really enjoy jigsaw puzzles.

-Susan-

Montgomery, TX(Zone 9a)

I wonder what # I signed at?

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

I looked at the newsletter a lot more when I had first subscribed as it helped me find my way around, actually, but these days though I still have the subscription active I almost never look at it. Found what I wanted I reckon. ;-)

I get the newsletter but usually don't read it. I just skim down through the articles to see if there's any that I missed that I want to read. I don't think I've ever read the whole newsletter. Only bits and pieces sometimes.

I like the idea of a crossword. That's something that I'd definitely look forward to getting.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I got the newsletter when it first started. Lots of stats, didn't find much of interest. I usually just deleted it without looking, so eventually unsubscribed.

Maybe a word search, to alternate with the jigsaw puzzle!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I like the of the crossword puzzle..and also the word search..like momcat said!
I always skim the newsletter when it comes...sometimes read more than others.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I read it to make sure that the Northeast Forum is still #1 in posts. Woo hoo!!!!

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

Hee hee. I check that too.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

I read it to follow one writer's work. Only occasional articles really grab my attention from the others.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

This is an interesting poll.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I read it to check any articles I may have missed during the week.. I usually have read them all but you never know.. I also enjoy the stats.. fun info.

Edited to say.. I never realized it came out on monday morning... just noticed it was in my e-mail occasionally. LOL Shows how observant I am.

This message was edited Jun 2, 2009 4:23 PM

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Discovery and improved interests come from reading and chatting on a site like this. You and I may not like pineapple but eat and just love peaches. Then one day a pineapple use will be so good you need to learn how it was grown or cooked. That is basically how most things are learned. Our articles have great width with enough teasing information to encourage us to try that which to date we may not have had interest in.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I agree. Not all the articles may interest me, but some I did not think much about peak my interest when I see it there and I read on and have learned quite a bit from them and have used some of the advice I never would have gotten otherwise.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I really appreciate the Newsletter in the summer when I don't have time to read all the articles everyday. I can catch up in the Newsletter. As a Forum Floozy I always check to see what Forum has the most posts just in case I might have missed something exciting. Dear flowerjen do you think you might be just a teensy, weensy competative? ^_^

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Who me???? nahhhhh........... lol

Parker, CO(Zone 5b)

I love getting the newsletter as I'm usually stuck at work and it's my escape to one of my passions: gardening! However, I truly wish that it showed more plants (especially the Bloom of the Day) for more .. temperate? zones. Usually every single drop-dead gorgeous plant that is shown is almost ALWAYS a zone 8-11.. you know, there's more to the world than the equator! Some of us poor schmucks that live in "colder" zones love plants too! (and I find it incredibly unfair that most of Washington state all the way up into Canada and on the eastern seaboard is classified as a "warmer" zone than poor pathetic me, in the Denver CO metro! *sigh* I hate being a zone 4-5 :( :( :( Especially when one of my co-workers, who lives, as the crow flies, about 12 miles north is a zone 6! We have winter here for only about.. oh.. 2 months, and, of that, only a few days are bitterly (-10 to -20) cold. Yet, that's enough to wipe out most cool plants. :( )

I love reading all the articles.. I have just SOOO much to learn!

This message was edited Jun 3, 2009 9:49 PM

Thumbnail by skiekitty
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Have you read this one? I think it was before you were a member....

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/486/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images