Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Nebraska_Jewel
southeast, NE

June 3, 2009
1:36 AM

Post #6633635

We've been raising sheep for 35 years. Instead of relying on the farm markets, I want to try to sell direct to customers. We can't sell meat directly due to Dept of Agriculture rules. We plan on selling live lambs and deliver to the butcher. The buyer would buy the live lamb and pay the butcher. The market is very very good right as there is a shortage of lamb. I thought we would sell about $30 over market since the market is so good. I also thought we should ask for a deposit before we deliver to the butcher. I work in a fairly large office building and I thought I would just pass some cards around during breaks, etc. We also have a diverse ethnic group of people in our community and I would like to post cards in the ethnic grocery stores.

Any suggestions or opinions?

I will also post in the "Poultry and Livestock" section.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Farm Life Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
can chicken and rabbits get along? Minnie 6 Jul 8, 2009 12:56 AM
Let's meet the new folks MaryE 64 Aug 23, 2008 2:40 AM
Seasoning fresh bacon? Lana 3 Oct 27, 2007 7:05 AM
Help! Chickens Won't Initiate Egg Laying.... gidgrower 27 Apr 6, 2008 1:18 AM
This is a Great Forum!!!! JodyC 28 Jul 6, 2007 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America