Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Story of Iris Part 10 Breeding Iris: Pinnacle Iris

Communities > Forums > Article: The Story of Iris Part 10 Breeding Iris
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Story of Iris Part 10 Breeding IrisReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lynnie11
Pleasant Valley, NY

June 4, 2009
2:24 AM

Post #6639046

Hi, Mitch. I found your articles about iris and thought you might be able to help me. My mother was given her very first Iris from her father, who passed away about ten years ago. It was an iris called Pinnacle, and was very special to her. Her garden was hit by "borers" (not sure of the spelling!) and she was unable to save the plant. She has been unable to find anyone who sells bulbs of this variety -- would you know of anyone who still sells Pinnacle?
Thanks in advance for any help -- I know this is a long shot!

Best,
Lyn
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

June 5, 2009
2:19 PM

Post #6645516

Lyn - I have no idea who might sell Pinnacle - sure wish I could help you have fun in your search, there are a few Iris from my Grandmothers garden I am still looking for...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Story of Iris Part 10 Breeding Iris Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Breeding iris irisMA 0 Mar 19, 2008 4:15 AM
Interesting Article Aunt_A 0 Mar 20, 2008 4:16 AM
question rmm0082 1 Jun 16, 2008 5:04 PM
splitting iris dpierre 1 Oct 14, 2008 7:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America