Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: Wedding pedels from roses

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wendyelsey
Portland, OR
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2009
4:33 AM

Post #6639595

I have my wedding coming up in 2 weeks.. well I ihave a lot of pedles off an old world rose coming off... I want to use them for my flower girls.. how can I preserve them so they wont dry out and become dust? I heard you can put them un water... or water in a bag and freeze them?
if you have any good ideas, please.. PLEASE email me at wendy.elsey@gmail.com

Thank you so much in advance!!!! I am so happy the wedding is June 20th! Scary, first time, but so happy :)

Thank you all for being so great :)

Wendy
spooky2
Fort Washington, MD

June 8, 2009
5:54 PM

Post #6659309

Don't put them in water and don't freeze them. Either way you'll just get mush. You can cut the roses and cold pack them- put them on refrigeration. Wrap the blooms, not the stems. Roses come wrapped in a heavier plastic than plastic bags- it doesn't hold moisture. Moisture is not your friend, make sure the blooms are dry. The refrigerator should be about 38 degrees. Don't cut roses that aren't showing color, you need the buds to have good color before you cut them. When your ready to use them, take them off refrigeration and cut the stems and put them in warm water. Give them two or three days to open, you can cut the stems a few times, make sure that the water is clean and fresh. If they're very dehydrated, you can lay them in the sink and fill it with warm water. They drink all along the length of the stem, not just the cut end. Don't scrape off their skin! That's how they drink.
Good luck!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America