Orange tree blooming again

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Bloomed this winter in the greenhouse but sadly no fruit,maybe this time,I have bees out ,but haven't seen a one on any of these flowers,I tried hand pollination during the winter,but none took!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Christiansted, VI(Zone 11)

Haha, dilute honey with water and spray on the buds!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Okay I see attract the bees!!!

Christiansted, VI(Zone 11)

Just don't get any spray on yourself!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Heck no!
I'm sweet enough,and don't want to get any sweeter!!!LOL

Saint Petersburg, FL

You might not get any bees, given that you're growing it out of its natural zone. I had read somewhere that bees will tend to work a particular type of flower all day, rather than just flitting to whatever's closest.

Most likely, they start with whatever is nearest their hive, and will ignore your citrus, although I couldn't keep them off them down here.

Hand pollination is probably best for you.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I tried the hand during the winter,and it was a no go then,but I'll try again.
I did notice a lot of the little green flies around the flowers today,as I was going to spray honey and water,so I just sprayed the bottom of the plant,because a lot those flowers hadn't opened yet,so now it is a wait and see if any fruit appears.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Whether it was my hand pollination or bees,but looks like I might have fruit!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

How come YOU get fruit and I don't? I have bees, butterflies, bugs I can't name and still no fruit - mine is blooming for a second time, too, but NO FRUIT setting!!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

And there the size of ping pong balls now!!!!
Guess you better get your water color paint brush and start painting pollen!!!!!
Or get a little honey and spread it around the flowers,if nothing else you will get sugar ants!!!!!!
And they will spread a little pollen around for you!!!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I will definently try that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.