Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Homesteading: Fixing my pitcher pump

Communities > Forums > Homesteading
bookmark
Forum: HomesteadingReplies: 2, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
RatherBDigging
Akron, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 7, 2009
6:15 AM

Post #6652862

I have the leather cup for my pitcher pump. It seems to be the same size as the one that dried out and broke. After I screwed it on, it does not fit up into the body of the pump...

would it be ok to lightly file off any of the leather around the outside of the leather cup? Apply plumbers grease around it to see if it will slip inside the body of the pump?

Any suggestions? I looked online to make sure I am installing everything back ok, and it seems I am so far...I would appreciate any help. This is the type I have (not sure of brand, but these are all the parts and what it looks like: http://store.waterpumpsupply.com/tyshwehapipu.html

I already replaced the leather valve without any problems.

Thank you very much for any help you may be able to supply.

LuAnne
RatherBDigging
Akron, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 8, 2009
4:43 AM

Post #6657116

Yippee! With a bit of hammering the leather thinner, and with some sanding to the inside and application of plummer's grease...it went in. The final evaluation of the job came...I got water!!!

Thanks for looking! Have a good day!
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 8, 2009
4:47 AM

Post #6657121

Well Congratulations! There is nothing more wonderful that being successful at something unless it is having water!

I know you are excited ~ sorry I was of no help but enjoyed that link and passed it on to a friend. Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Homesteading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Share your homesteading experiences and dreams. PeggieK 246 Jul 4, 2012 8:18 PM
Ways to "Live off the land", share your ideas PeggieK 149 Mar 25, 2010 10:10 AM
Looking for possible partners in a homestead darius 71 Mar 24, 2012 3:49 PM
Explain makshi 49 Aug 6, 2008 2:36 PM
Ducks vs. Chickens nivlac 85 Apr 23, 2013 6:45 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America