Photo by Melody

Article: Introduction to Yuccas: Can you help me determine what kind of Yucca I have?

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Yuccas
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to YuccasReplies: 3, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Procrastinator
Havelock
Canada

June 7, 2009
11:55 PM

Post #6655865

Geoff - Great informative article. Never did I ever imagine that there were so many kinds of Yucca plants.

Hoping you can help me with a dilemma. I have lived in zone 5a for my entire life. South Eastern Ontario, actually. My DMIL has Yucca on her property that has seed pods and produces beautiful whitish flowers. I love the firm structure of the leaves. She gave me some seed pods and I planted them. This is the second year for them and they are nowhere near looking like a Yucca plant. More like blades of grass that are a wee bit thicker this year.

1. Do you have any idea what the name of this Yucca plant could be?

2. If so, do you have any idea how long it will take for the plant to mature into a flower producing Yucca plant?

Wish I knew what the name of this plant is - then I could find out more about it. There are several in the area and they are breath-taking beautiful when they are in flower.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again for the very informative article. I always learn so much from you, as a Veterinarian and a very knowledgeable gardener.

Thanks in advance

Elaine and Otis

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2009
4:39 AM

Post #6657110

you should got the links at the end of the article to direct you to places where you see a lot of pictures and find your plant (noticing which can survive your zone since most cannot).
Procrastinator
Havelock
Canada

June 9, 2009
1:34 AM

Post #6661277

Thanks palmbob. Guess I was being lazy and hoping you had the answer at your fingertips. Your diverse wisdom impresses me and has earned my utmost respect.

I will follow your advice and learn along the way. It is always interesting doing the research because I learn so much that adds to my goal of becoming more knowledgeable. DG has really helped with this process but the more I learn the more I realize how much there is to learn.

Thank you for your guidance and the informative article.

Take care and God bless

Elaine and Otis

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2009
3:53 AM

Post #6661978

would need a photo to give you any sort of guess myself

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Yuccas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good article lortay 0 Jun 8, 2009 8:46 AM
Yuccas Agavaceas Dracaenas Cordyline Noturf 0 Jun 8, 2009 10:14 AM
silversword relative? aulani61 1 Jun 8, 2009 2:16 PM
Yucca Plant PFB 2 Jun 8, 2009 2:34 PM
spanish bayonet fell over JulieQ 3 Jun 9, 2009 1:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America