Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

How are all the people in the dry areas doing for rain after these weekend showers ?

We have had nice slow rain, off & on since Saturday morning. Still raining this morning. Ground is getting replenished. It's lovely!

I planted the last of the seeds in the garden on Friday, so they should pop right up when the warm weather returns.

Another bumper crop year for South Central MN! Corn & Beans look great!

Bernie

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Is the warm weather going to return??

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I hope? We got rain last night and this morning, quitting after 2 & half inches of rain.

This afternoon we had some downpours, some tornado warnings and thunderstorm watches and warnings and now a bright sun is shining amongst nice fluffy white clouds.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We got 1" for the weekend. Sun just came out now. Things will grow fast now!

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

We may have gotten rain, but it is still only 65! Where is the warm weather?

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Not here that's for sure.

rain, rain, rain....now humid, humid, humid....grass needs mowing...roses aren't happy....iris bloom period are shortened by the pounding rain, rain, rain...daylilies and oriental lilies are drinking up the rain, rain, rain....my toad died.

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Aww poor toad!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

get another.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Onegoodman, I'm so sorry to hear this. We have gotten tons of rain. I've used Safer sulphur and a baking soda with a sticking agent mix every few days to keep my susceptible roses roses from getting blackspot.

Did your toad really die? We got rain at a level that caused flash flooding yesterday. Thank goodness for Lee Valley's peony supports.

It will get better.

Donna

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

The high temperature for tomorrow is 57

I think someone forgot to send the memo - it is June for crying out loud!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Jeannie who was supposed to send the memo? I'm unclear with that..............

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I sent one but it was returned for insufficient postage.

Nice day except for cool & cloudy!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

cool here but the sun is out.Well cool its 62* but when you're longing for upper 70's lower 80's its cool.

Now of course if it were November...........I'd be singing a different tune altogether;

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Yeah, but I wouldn't be trying to get my veggies planted in November!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Tis true, tis true

Madison, WI

It was more noise than water for me - nothing got washed off into the ravine this year yet. I am counting on my 6" berm to hold or at least reroute volumes of water when they come. What I am not happy about are the temps. I remember taking pictures of my irises in t-shirts last year not in a jacket :(

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My husband made some makeshift rainchains for the side of the house that NEVER gets the rain (the eves hang over way to far) anyway looks crude but hey they worked, they really really worked.

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Madison, WI

Cool! What did they do?

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

The water runs down the chain and is positioned to where it drips right at the base of the plant. It is so cool.

Madison, WI

That's clever! I always thought of rain chains just as an alternative to down spouts. How did he hook up the small chains to the gutters? I have a spot where this idea will do the trick - planted by a down spout but the way I did it the water does not get to the plants :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.