Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else: Processed Egg Product - Putrefied?

Communities > Forums > Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything ElseReplies: 3, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
INgardener
Bloomington, IN
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2009
1:52 PM

Post #6658088

I have read about the egg mixture being effective against deer but most often I had seen references to putrefied egg solids. Does the mixture have to sit in the sun or sit out-of-doors for a few days before application? I have used Liquid Fence and it has worked very well - although needs to be reapplied diligently. Per its MSDS sheet, it contains whole egg, garlic, potassium sorbate, sodium lauryl sulfate, & xanthum gum. It would seem that the garlic or putrefication is key to effectiveness.
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2009
2:58 PM

Post #6658425

I use the liquid egg product for my deer/rabbit repellant mixed only with water and a drop of soap. It works great and lasts for about 3 months, even with rain. Herbivores are repelled by the odor of protein, whether it's fresh or rotten.
joey32
Delmar, NY

June 30, 2009
5:29 PM

Post #6759182

I'm going to use this again. I never have used the liquid egg product. How long will it keep? Maybe the longer the better? Love an answer.
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2009
6:40 PM

Post #6759461

If you don't use it up, you should refrigerate it or you'll have to deal with the odor.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Spray guard, great idea sallyg 7 Jun 9, 2008 5:16 PM
Another little trick for killing weeds jimneyj 1 Jun 22, 2008 5:24 PM
I am going to try this wonderful idea beebonnet 0 Jun 9, 2008 4:02 PM
Excellent! crimsontsavo 0 Jun 9, 2008 5:57 PM
Thanks! heathrjoy 0 Jun 9, 2008 6:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America