Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else: Processed Egg Product - Putrefied?

Communities > Forums > Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything ElseReplies: 3, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
INgardener
Bloomington, IN
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2009
1:52 PM

Post #6658088

I have read about the egg mixture being effective against deer but most often I had seen references to putrefied egg solids. Does the mixture have to sit in the sun or sit out-of-doors for a few days before application? I have used Liquid Fence and it has worked very well - although needs to be reapplied diligently. Per its MSDS sheet, it contains whole egg, garlic, potassium sorbate, sodium lauryl sulfate, & xanthum gum. It would seem that the garlic or putrefication is key to effectiveness.
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2009
2:58 PM

Post #6658425

I use the liquid egg product for my deer/rabbit repellant mixed only with water and a drop of soap. It works great and lasts for about 3 months, even with rain. Herbivores are repelled by the odor of protein, whether it's fresh or rotten.
joey32
Delmar, NY

June 30, 2009
5:29 PM

Post #6759182

I'm going to use this again. I never have used the liquid egg product. How long will it keep? Maybe the longer the better? Love an answer.
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2009
6:40 PM

Post #6759461

If you don't use it up, you should refrigerate it or you'll have to deal with the odor.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Spray guard, great idea sallyg 7 Jun 9, 2008 5:16 PM
Another little trick for killing weeds jimneyj 1 Jun 22, 2008 5:24 PM
I am going to try this wonderful idea beebonnet 0 Jun 9, 2008 4:02 PM
Excellent! crimsontsavo 0 Jun 9, 2008 5:57 PM
Thanks! heathrjoy 0 Jun 9, 2008 6:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America