Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Hobby Lobby sale

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Just picked up this gnome door with two windows at Hobby Lobby for only
$5 on clearance

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX

in that same resin section, and also with the tree decorations, was this cute little knot-hole cover.

We had JUST had our trees trimmed and one cut was particularly noticeable. We put this on, and voila! I can't believe how well it matches, and it went from being an eye sore, to cute, in an instant.
-T

Oh yeah...he was only $5, too

see how well he blends in?

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

i love that! .

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

taylor, check out the start of my tiny garden http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/999953/

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Taylor, he looks like Heimlich from A Bug's Life!

I wrote Hobby Lobby last year to come to Massachusetts!

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Oh, great! Don't ya hate it when the words cover part of your photo?

Plano, TX

taylor i am on my way to hobby lobby soon-thanks for posting -i love a bargain!

PrimroseSue-
wow, lol...he looks EXACTLY like him!,

Linda-
hobby lobby ALWAYS had a bargain, lol
-T

Plano, TX

taylor-i didn't see any of the items you got--i went to the east side one--i might try the one on coit--

South, TX

What section exactly? Resin? Where is that?

Your photos are PRECIOUS! The tree is perfect for the door and windows and the knot and buggy are great!

yeah, they only had a few left when I was there, and clearance items go fast...

I'd definitely recommend trying another store. I've gone as far as the Sherman store for something the other stores were out of, but you can usually find something within a few stores.

Maybe call around, and save yourself running around? They are good about holding stuff, if you ask, and they have it

Hi Sally-
The resin section is usually (at least in my store) the aisle that has all the garden angels, gazing balls, and cutesy resin statues and birdbaths.

It was on that aisle, next to all that stuff.

Where you wanting the bug or the door and window set??
-T

South, TX

I love door for sure. I think I know where to look. I just hope I will not be too late. I can't get there until Sat. I have been wanting to order one, but never got to it. Love the doors!

I almost ordered one, too. Glad I didn't because they were $17, plus shipping.

This was only $5 total. What a deal

Why don't you call and see if they'll hold it for you until saturday?
-T

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

T, I think the knot decoration is brilliant and totally cute. Tell us about the flower pot in the very first pic in this thread. Did you make them w/ buttons? It's adorable. I'm copying that w/ the cute buttons I got at JoAnns.

linda, when I've been to Dallas I always like to go the the HL on coit.

South, TX

I can call them. Hopefully they can understand exactly what it is. Thanks

ps-

maybe this will help the both of you...

If you call, you can tell them the item number and that will help them locate the item in their store, or another store, faster.

The door/window set item # is:

and it is marked Garden 2009

Tree Decor
Give your trees a personality

Here is a picture of the packaging:

Nery-
Yes, those are buttons I got last year, at Michaels. I took some copper wire, and cut them, and then just curled it around the button loop on the back. There is moss stuffed into the pot to make them stand up, until I can think of a plant that would go there, or maybe just spray paint the top of the moss green, lol

The flower stems(the copper) was cut longer than they look. I cut them long on purpose, so I could shove them down through the drain hole in the pot, into the soil, to help keep the pot straight, and from tipping over. It is working ;0)

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

clever gal!

thanks ;0)

I SO need to get some fimo...I'd love to make some leaves to put on that copper wire to make it look more real.

I was JUST at Michaels over the weekend, but can't seem to remember the fimo.

got some nice ceramic urns for half-off, though~
:0)

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

I like Michael's too but don't go that often b/c other stores are more convenient. If you have Joann's fabrics, do go ck them out, they have really gotten into doodads, not just fabrics.

You are right about that!

And they have good sales, too.

Plus, when I go in there,it makes me feel sorta like someone who sews, instead of someone who just owns a sewing machine and serger and has never used either, lol...
-T

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

ha ha ha, that makes two of us!

South, TX

Thanks Seedpicker. Looks like I will be going tomorrow hopefully. Now I know what to look for.

How do you attach them. I can't put nails in my dear oaks. I love them so much. I guess I could lean the door against the tree.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms

The back of these have a keyhole type opening in the resin for hanging on a nail.

Yes you can lean the door, but for the windows I had to use teensy tiny nails that are not much thicker than a sewing pin. I found two that were pretty short in my hardware junk box ...about half inch. I just barely tapped them in a little.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

sally, my door is attached with a 4" nail. It will absolutely, positively not damage your tree and the wider the trunk the more inconsequential. A few of my hanging baskets are also hanging from trees. Hubby nailed the hooks right on the trees.

edited to add: and you have to use a 4" nail b/c the nail needs to go thru the bark and the older the tree the thicker the bark.

This message was edited Jun 10, 2009 8:11 PM

South, TX

I know you can put nails in, but with my luck a bug would use it for a door. I have another idea anyway. I have a big old neat piece of wood. Might be a good thing to use. I will try it tomorrow.

GOOD NEWS! I did go to H.Lobby and found the door and windows and other goodies too of course. I will get a picture.

Thanks for telling me about it.

YAY!!

Yes, of course...you can't go there and leave with just one thing, lol...
:0)

South, TX

HEHE, that would be against the law of nature. I took pics. I will show them soon. I have to water the orchids and violets.

South, TX

Here's what I bought. Oh, a mirror too, for a pond. The poor bird on the left is upside down.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009 3:39 PM

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Plano, TX

is that a set?

South, TX

No. The three outside of the package are just other things I bought.

That bird is cute! I wanted one, but all the beaks were broken at the store I went to... ;0(

Glad you found the door.

I bought that same bench. Be sure you give it a clear coat. Mine disintegrated once it rained, lol...

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Sigh . . . I really wish there were HL's in Mass.!

This message was edited Jun 12, 2009 11:54 AM

This message was edited Jun 12, 2009 11:55 AM

or at least mail order, right??

I'd go back and buy one for you, but they are gone at my store, sorry :0(

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oh they are gorgeous... I was just going to ask you Taylor to get me a set for the mini garden.... yeah, no HL in MA... just checked!

Kassia-
I would get you one! In fact, I bought the only two they had that day, and if they would have had more, I would have bought them all!

The other one is for my Mom, or I'd let you have it. But, actually since I found these, Dana found an even nicer one, and her mom posted the item number for us!

It is from Collections Etc. catalog. They show 'out of stock' online, but the gal told me that they really aren't out of stock, they just want to be sure there are enough for their catalog customers, so they marked it out of stock online only.

Anyway, it is cool! It has a solar panel in the welcome sign that lights the window in the door! And it has two stepping stones with glow in the dark footprints on them. So cute!!

If you go to collections etc., and type in the item # 1265013115, its $16.99...more than the hobby lobby $5, but it sure has a lot more features, too!

hopefully this is the direct link, but if not, type in that item #
http://www.collectionsetc.com/Solar_Elf_Door/product.aspx?productid=388261&itemnumber=13115&srhe=1&Ntt=1265013115&productname=Solar_Elf_Door&alias=1265013115

Here is another one from Plow and hearth. It has a working light, too.
http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?pcode=6574

and Plow and Hearth aslo has a wizard door
http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?pcode=10984

South, TX

SO many great doors. I will be moving my house, door and window this weedend. Found a better spot. Then I will plant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.