Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Introduction to Yuccas: Yucca as a growth promoter.

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Yuccas
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to YuccasReplies: 0, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #6659202

This comes as gospel fact from my grandmother and others that Yucca leaves when ground into a slurry and used as a growth promoter can be as effective as growth hormones found in kelp, alfalfa, willow new growth and even the commercial growth promoters. Grandma used to grind them by hand. I use a flea market blender purchased for a couple bucks. I effectively have used whatever Northern variety is t common to North Central Pennsylvania, zone 4. Here they seed themselves from where the seed falls or the birds move the seed about. I never planted a single one of the several that grow and bloom here.

This is a fantistic Yucca presentation. Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Yuccas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Can you help me determine what kind of Yucca I have? Procrastinator 3 Jun 9, 2009 3:53 AM
Good article lortay 0 Jun 8, 2009 8:46 AM
Yuccas Agavaceas Dracaenas Cordyline Noturf 0 Jun 8, 2009 10:14 AM
silversword relative? aulani61 1 Jun 8, 2009 2:16 PM
Yucca Plant PFB 2 Jun 8, 2009 2:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America