Dave's Garden Cookbook: Banana Cake
Category: Cakes, Cheesecakes and Icings
|3 overripe bananas (let 'em get quite black)|
½ C. sour cream
grated zest from one small lemon (save out a little for frosting)
2 1/4 C. AP flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/4 t. freshly grated nutmeg
4 oz. unsalted butter, softened
1 C. sugar
½ C. brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 C. pecans, chopped medium fine
|1) Grease, line, grease, flour 2 nine-inch rounds or one 9x13. Preheat oven 350F.|
2) Put bananas and sour cream in a small bowl, mix with fork. Add zest, mix. Set aside.
3) Sift flour, soda, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
4) Cream butter, add sugars gradually, scraping bowl
5) Add eggs, one at a time, scraping after each. Blend in vanilla.
6) On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with banana mixture, dry in three parts and wet in two. Scrape well. Fold in pecans.
7) Spoon into prepared pan(s) and bake until done.
8) Let cool, frost if desired.
I usually use a cream cheese/butter/powdered sugar frosting flavored with a little reserved lemon peel.
» Click here to print this recipe