Frequently Asked Questions: Articles
- How do I become a writer?
- Where do you get all the photos in your articles?
- I'm in the writers group, so where do I start?
Dave's Garden is fortunate to have a large group of enthusiastic gardeners and farmers who contribute articles each month, keeping our newsletter well-stocked in a wide variety of interesting topics.
From time to time, we add new writers when there are openings. If you are a writer and would like to be considered for this group, feel free to contact us with a note that includes your interests, along with information on your writing background.Back to the top
If you are a new writer in the group, you are no doubt eager to begin drafting your first article.
The first step in selecting a topic is to check out the writers forum (accessible only to the writers group) and look for links to the list of topics writers have assigned to themselves, as well as glance back through the previously published articles. If your chosen topic has already been covered, take heart: there are many ways to approach any topic, and your ideas may be compleely different from the other articles written on that subject.
If you and another writer find yourselves writing on related topics, you may choose to either coordinate your publishing schedules to make complementary articles coincide; or you can leave lots of room between them on the schedule and avoid giving your readers a sense of deja vu.
When you've chosen a topic, it's time to begin the process of posting an article, as follows:
1) Click on the "Articles" tab at the top of the website. (You must be logged in to post articles.)
2) At the top of the page, click on "Click here to post your own article! Follow the steps to complete it and then you will submit it for approval.
3) If this is the first time posting an article, then click on create an author's bio." and submit that page. From there the system will walk you through the whole process.
If you have any questions at all, please let us know!Back to the top