Grape Tomato 'Tami G'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Tami G
» View all varieties of Tomatoes

Bag seedheads to capture ripening seed

Collect seedhead/pod when flowers fade; allow to dry

Ferment seeds before storing

Fruit Colors:

American hybrid

Fresh, salad

Fusarium Wilt (F)

Alternaria Stem Canker (ASC)

Fusarium Wilt

Corpus Christi, Texas

Joshua, Texas

Richmond, Virginia

On Jan 25, 2015, dmac085 from Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a) wrote:

Purchased a small pot last spring. Had wanted seeds of this &was happy to find an actual plant. Took off like a shot planted in my full sun formerly flower bed. Once the plant matured the trusses of flowers & fruit did not stop. Mine got very tall, stems leaned on the brick windowsill & up a pillar.
I really could harvest enough daily for a family dinner salad. Shared with neighbors & I am sure some were snatched from my apt while I was at work.
Produced until hard frost. As the days cooled & sun time decreased so did the size of the tomatoes. About grape during the peak to currant size late season. Skin was firm but not plastic, flavor was great throughout, sweet but still tomatoey. Would highly recommend this one if you like smaller tomatoes.

On Feb 6, 2010, odyhill from Sarasota, FL wrote:

Newbe here. I planted 2 Tami G Hybrid grape tomato plants in 5 gal buckets back in October 2009 with the earth box design in mind and they have done very well. At first I'd get a couple to pick every now and then and now its Feb 3 months later and they are starting to come in steadily now. The thing that surprised me most is how hardy these buggers are. They went through 3 very frosty nights under the outside edge of my carport with no damage. then while staking I broke a big branch off with a cluster of grapes and many flowers, while walking to the garbage can I passed a earth box that had an empty spot in it and I peeled a couple of the lower branches off it and stuck it in the empty spot. This was a month ago and it is thriving with new buds.
Back in late Aug. I tried 2 Florida U... read more

On Jan 14, 2009, lssfishhunter from Jonesville, SC (Zone 7b) wrote:

This variety produces tons of tiny tomatoes. One plant could easily provide enough for a family. I have grown them in pots and in the ground. They do much better in the ground. The taste is ok but not fantastic.

On Dec 4, 2008, KSBaptisia from Beatrice, NE (Zone 5b) wrote:

I've grown about a dozen varieties of grape tomato over the years. Most are tough-skinned and relatively flavorless, but Tami G has good texture and excellent flavor. By far the best grape tomato I have tried.

On Aug 23, 2008, jajtiii from Richmond, VA (Zone 7b) wrote:

I grow well over 20 tomato plants every year, experimenting with various hybrids and heirlooms.

This grape tomato has the best taste and texture that I have ever encountered. It will always be in my garden.

On May 8, 2005, LisaM57 from Kansas City, MO wrote:

Very good tasting and lots of grape tomatoes produced by my one plant! Enough to share with friends.

On Apr 14, 2005, jasonc from Parrish, FL (Zone 9a) wrote:

Found this place the other day at Lowes and I never saw it there before so I had to get one! :) This info below is from the label and there wasn't much else to go by. Its from Bonnie Plants.

"Sweet, bite-sized fruit is produced in abundance. This grape tomato can't be beat."

So hopefully its good!