PlantFiles: Grape Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Tami G'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Tami G

» View all varieties of Tomatoes

Bag seedheads to capture ripening seed
Collect seedhead/pod when flowers fade; allow to dry
Ferment seeds before storing

American hybrid

Usage:
Fresh, salad

Fusarium Wilt (F)
Alternaria Stem Canker (ASC)
Fusarium Wilt

Leaf Type:
Regular Leaf

By alison_tx
Thumbnail #1 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by alison_tx

By alison_tx
Thumbnail #2 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by alison_tx

Positive odyhill On Feb 6, 2010, odyhill from Sarasota, FL wrote:

Newbe here. I planted 2 Tami G Hybrid grape tomato plants in 5 gal buckets back in October 2009 with the earth box design in mind and they have done very well. At first I'd get a couple to pick every now and then and now its Feb 3 months later and they are starting to come in steadily now. The thing that surprised me most is how hardy these buggers are. They went through 3 very frosty nights under the outside edge of my carport with no damage. then while staking I broke a big branch off with a cluster of grapes and many flowers, while walking to the garbage can I passed a earth box that had an empty spot in it and I peeled a couple of the lower branches off it and stuck it in the empty spot. This was a month ago and it is thriving with new buds.
Back in late Aug. I tried 2 Florida Univ bred regular size plants and they did not do well at all. Sarasota, Fl. is in a reverse planting season compared to what I am used to so I guess it will take me While to get the hang of it. Seems like right now putting plants in should be equivalent to Va's May.

Neutral lssfishhunter On Jan 14, 2009, lssfishhunter from Jonesville, SC (Zone 7b) wrote:

This variety produces tons of tiny tomatoes. One plant could easily provide enough for a family. I have grown them in pots and in the ground. They do much better in the ground. The taste is ok but not fantastic.

Positive KSBaptisia On Dec 4, 2008, KSBaptisia from Beatrice, NE (Zone 5b) wrote:

I've grown about a dozen varieties of grape tomato over the years. Most are tough-skinned and relatively flavorless, but Tami G has good texture and excellent flavor. By far the best grape tomato I have tried.

Positive jajtiii On Aug 23, 2008, jajtiii from Richmond, VA (Zone 7b) wrote:

I grow well over 20 tomato plants every year, experimenting with various hybrids and heirlooms.

This grape tomato has the best taste and texture that I have ever encountered. It will always be in my garden.

Positive LisaM57 On May 8, 2005, LisaM57 from Kansas City, MO wrote:

Very good tasting and lots of grape tomatoes produced by my one plant! Enough to share with friends.

Positive jasonc On Apr 14, 2005, jasonc from Parrish, FL (Zone 9a) wrote:

Found this place the other day at Lowes and I never saw it there before so I had to get one! :) This info below is from the label and there wasn't much else to go by. Its from Bonnie Plants.

"Sweet, bite-sized fruit is produced in abundance. This grape tomato can't be beat."

So hopefully its good!