PlantFiles: Potato
Solanum tuberosum 'Gold Rush'

Genus: Solanum (so-LAN-num) (Info)
Species: tuberosum (too-ber-OH-sum) (Info)
Cultivar: Gold Rush
Additional cultivar information: (aka Goldrush)

» View all varieties of Potatoes

Moist (multi-purpose)

By Joan
Thumbnail #1 of Solanum tuberosum by Joan

Positive WeezyG On Oct 18, 2014, WeezyG from Brainerd, MN wrote:

I planted 32' of row of these last summer. I got just over 40# of potatoes so they produced about average for me compared to the other potatoes I planted. They taste great, produced pretty good sized potatoes. They don't store all that well. I harvested mine about 6 weeks ago and they're starting to get sort of soft and I've found a few I needed to throw out. The other varieties I've planted are still storing just fine. I don't really have any complaints about these but probably won't plant them again next year in favor of other varieties that store longer.

Neutral Farmerdill On May 7, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Goldrush was first selected in 1981 from a cross between a North Dakota advanced selection ND450-3Russ x Lemhi Russet. The cultivars Pioneer and Norgold Russet are in its ancestry. It was tested as ND1538-1Russ and was released by the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station on March 1, 1992. A long white fleshed muti-purpose potato resistant to hollow heart and scab.

Brainerd, Minnesota