PlantFiles: Coral Bells, Alumroot, Coralbells, Alum Root
Heuchera 'Dolce Peach Melba'

Family: Saxifragaceae (saks-ih-frag-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Heuchera (HEW-ker-a) (Info)
Cultivar: Dolce Peach Melba
Additional cultivar information: (Dolce series)
Hybridized by Dan Heims

Thumbnail #6 of Heuchera  by winging

By winging
Thumbnail #7 of Heuchera  by winging

Positive Gabrielle On May 2, 2008, Gabrielle from (Zone 5a) wrote:

Absolutely beautiful foliage, and as yet, easy to grow. If I could only have one Heuchera, this would probably be it.

Positive Wecky On Jun 20, 2007, Wecky from Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a) wrote:

Absolutely love this heuchera! I impulse bought it with Key Lime Pie (also Dolce series) at our local "pricey" nursery...as someone who typically won't buy a plant for more than $3, I nearly gagged when I shelled out $8 each for them...and they were on sale for half price! I agree that when I bought it, the plant seemed a little scraggly and leggy, but I couldn't pass up the amber leaves with magenta (yes, magenta!) undersides. Fortunately, she didn't disappoint me! After being planted on the north face of our garage and overwintering in zone 5a (when we're lucky--pretty close to 4b), Peach Melba is a beautiful mound nearly 2 ft. wide! I haven't had a bloom yet (it's June 19), but the foliage is what makes this one for me. Next to her sister Key Lime Pie, who *is* blooming like crazy and even bigger, she's absolutely gorgeous! I think I may turn into a heuchera collector...

Positive Bellisgirl On Feb 8, 2007, Bellisgirl from Spokane, WA wrote:

Hi! Ive had this plant for about three years now. It has since formed a nice large mound. I was lucky enough to find it at a local nursury for only three dollars! This is deffinantly one of my favorite golden-leafed coral-bells. It has beautiful amber colored leaves. The older turn slightly lime-colored; the newest emerged leaves are golden-red. Has pritty cream colored flowers that are born on red stems. Gorgeous! Livens up any shade garden.

Neutral 01Leta On Aug 23, 2006, 01Leta from Bigfork,, MT (Zone 5a) wrote:

Hi Dave's Garden devotees:

Just transplanted this most appealing Peach Melba from a nursery pot
to a larger plastic pot for placement and color on our river side deck.
I really like this plant as it reminds me of my favorite season--fall.

I have placed it on my deck patio table ( round table top my husband- -Crow, made for me out of scrap fir wood taken from an old porch ) for beauty and color. I don't have the foggiest idea how well 'Dolce Peach Melba' will do, but the directions say it is cold hardy. And that is good because average winters here are 0 (that is zero).

I will let all of Dave's Garden devotees' know how well it does. It shall
be a worthy experiment. And if it survives this heat spell we have been having I shall post a picture of it.

8-23-'06

01Leta

Neutral mboston On Jun 28, 2006, mboston from Granville, NY wrote:

I really like the color combinations in the foliage, but all the specimens I have seen, even in nurseries, seem to have far fewer leaves than other heucheras. They look a little scraggly, so I didn't want to pay $7.00 for a quart sized plant with 5 leaves! Are nursery prices this obscene everywhere? More importantly, does this plant eventually fill out, or is it always less vigorous than other heucheras?

Positive winging On May 23, 2006, winging from Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6a) wrote:

I purchased these in quart containers last fall and did not get them in the ground. They overwintered unprotected for most of the winter, although I did bring them into the garage for a couple of the coldest weeks. I didn't expect them to survive, but they are filling out and blooming in the containers. I just planted them in my garden today.

Neutral ntelya On Jun 1, 2005, ntelya from Lakeville, MN (Zone 4a) wrote:

just planted in zone 4a, haven't wintered yet.

Rocklin, California