Floribunda Rose
Rosa 'Burgundy Iceberg'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Burgundy Iceberg
Additional cultivar information:(PP16198, aka PROse, Burgundy Ice)
Hybridized by Swane
Registered or introduced: 1998

Class:

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

Red blend (rb)

Patented

Other Details:

Stems are nearly thornless

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Clarkston, Washington

South Hill, Washington

negative

On Jun 23, 2011, GardenDroid from Puyallup, WA wrote:

"Calming" is the best way I can describe the colors and habit of this rose. In my zone the color is subdued and pleasant and it's been a fabulous producer so far. For the record, our May and June have been a cloudy, rainy mess, and the plant only seems to thrive, with no sign of blackspot. The only upkeep I've taken since getting the plant is Bayer systemic care every couple months since Spring, and spraying any aphids I find during my daily garden stroll with a bottle of water with just a drop of Tide detergent added.

On Jan 20, 2011, Just_Grow_It from Manassas, VA wrote:

I was really disappointed with this rose. If I don't spray it then it becomes totally defoliated by blackspot. The flowers are small, seem to drop petals at any insult, and the color is not as nice as in the pictures.

On May 17, 2010, Intolerable from Anacortes, WA (Zone 8a) wrote:

I bought this plant last year for the beautiful deep purple/burgundy color. It bloomed well the first year. This year (second year) it is giving me a different color, still a burgundy but more of the fuschia undertones than the purple undertones. Albeit, Its still a beautiful rose.
I don't have a picture of the origional blooms but will post one of this years bloom.

On Dec 24, 2008, Marisa_K from Lincoln, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

I have this rose planted out front, and people will stop to look at it and comment as they walk by. I have it planted next to a "Disneyland" floribunda, and the shades of apricot really set this smoky plum rose off. It turns to a brighter pinkish-purple during the hottest months, but the color is much deeper the rest of the year. The fragrance isn't very strong, but it's nice and it still has more scent than a lot of modern roses.

On Jul 7, 2008, mystic from Ewing, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

Editors note

This rose was introduced in the U.S. by Weeks Roses in 2007.
It was discovered in Australia by Edgar Norman Swane in 1998. Who is the name on the plant patent. Lilia Weatherly was originally entered as the breeder in 2003. Information from Help me Find.

On Jul 7, 2008, Kell from Northern California, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

This is a very unusual colored rose. It is a burgandy to deep red rose with a lighter reverse which fades to a much lighter rose making the clusters multi colored. It can have white centers on some of its flowers. This rose is a sport of Brilliant Pink Iceberg.

On Apr 5, 2006, Jamie_Anderson from Wellington
New Zealand wrote:

I fell in love with this rose at first sight. I saw a display specimen at a garden centre, and I loved the colour so much that I hunted the internet and had one delivered.

A beautiful dark, bright purple/wine/burgundy colour.

Same form and habit as "Iceberg", but different in colour.

Please check out my pictures (which are coming).

Cheers, Jamie, NZ.