Shrub Rose
Rosa 'Morden Sunrise'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Morden Sunrise
Additional cultivar information:(PP13969, Canadian Parkland Series)
Hybridized by Davidson
Registered or introduced: 2001

Class:

Shrub

Yellow blend (yb)

Apricot and apricot blend (ab)

Orange pink (op)

Other Details:

Resistant to black spot

Resistant to mildew

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

Plainfield, Indiana

Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

negative

On Apr 16, 2011, Peonyann from Plainfield, IN wrote:

This is the best performing rose I've ever had. Absolutely no black spot or any other problem and 3 reliable blooming periods: spring, early summer, late summer or early fall. It has gone thru cold spring, no spring, wet spring, summer drought. The first bloom is the best and most prolific. Mine has grown to 5 feet and I get many, many compliments on it.

On Jul 8, 2010, Glenn3 from Camden, ME wrote:

First blooms are nice, but later ones sometimes small and misshapened. Look out for blackspot.

On Feb 4, 2010, kcs_mom from Noble County, IN (Zone 5b) wrote:

My Morden Sunrise became one of my favorites just because it is easy to care for. I don't recall any blackspot on this rose, even though I had a touch of it on some others in my garden. I can't detect a smell on this flower, to me that is it's only weak spot.
Mine is planted in the windiest spot in my garden, blows right on it off of the lake. Maybe that is why it was disease free.
I also didn't get around to watering it's bed last year, dry leaves may have helped.

On Aug 11, 2009, Marlina from Blaine, MN (Zone 4b) wrote:

I had this Rose last year and pulled it out because of Black Spot and bought another this year and planted it because I loved the flowers. Next year if it doesn't come back I won't be heart broken.Why, because it is a everyday battle against that dreaded black spot it is extremely suseptable. I sprayed ,I gave it a systemic and even though I destroyed the bad leaves and did all that it still constantly got it. Not Worth It AT ALL.Plant something else.....

On May 12, 2007, vcheryle from Milwaukee, WI wrote:

This is by far my favorite rose. It's variance in color from first blooming to the spent blossom is fun to watch, although it's at it's best in my opinion at first. It reminds me of Betty Boop but less flashy and more exquisite with a delicate beauty. Mine had a lot of blackspot last summer, more than any other rose in my garden. It didn't get as much sun as it should've and more air circulation would've helped. She was definitely worth the blackspot battling that went on so much of the summer. *We have very humid summers here in southeastern WI, by the lake.

On Aug 21, 2006, greenjay from Centennial, CO (Zone 5b) wrote:

Smells like lemon-drop candy to me! This is one of my favorites based on the color (excellent) and scent.

On Jun 19, 2005, Joan from Belfield, ND (Zone 4a) wrote:

A beautiful, compact little rose bush. It dies back to the snowline every winter, but blooms in June from new growth and continues to bloom until frost.

A Canadian Parkland Series Rose