Hybrid Pitcher Plant 'Love Bug'

Family: Sarraceniaceae
Genus: Sarracenia (sar-uh-SEN-ee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Love Bug

Carnivorous and Insectivorous

Very high moisture needs; suitable for bogs and water gardens

Daphne, Alabama

Wilmington, Delaware

Gwynn Oak, Maryland

Byesville, Ohio

On May 8, 2012, druidjo from Byesville, OH wrote:

I have 5 pitcher plants that I planted at the end of our bog. I actually only planted 3 of them. They are quite attractive and make an excellent contrast to the cat tails that I have. I plan to purchase several more to place around the bog. The small frogs like to play inside of them and the plants do not eat the frogs. Not sure why that is, but I don't like frog legs either. They do well in shadey areas as well as in full sun. If you have a rain garden or a spot that never dries up in your yard, these are gorgeous, especially after they get established, and they will love the water. I am not sure how they propagate, as mine have only produced 2 new plants in 3 years.

On Feb 20, 2012, Meehlticket from Daphne, AL (Zone 8b) wrote:

My plant is a Mr. Lincoln X Rosa I purchased from Home Depot three years ago and it is HUGE. The branches have reached the roof of our house. I cut long stems when I cut a blossom for a vase as an attempt to make the bush shorter. Lovely blossoms all year except for the hottest part of July and August and the cold months of late December and January and February Lovely smell and huge blossoms that are a rich, glistening red that make this rose bush a hit for me.