PlantFiles: Hybrid Anise Hyssop, Mexican Mint
Agastache 'Honey Bee Blue'

Family: Lamiaceae (lay-mee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Agastache (ah-gas-TAH-kee) (Info)
Cultivar: Honey Bee Blue
Additional cultivar information: (aka Honeybee Blue)

Synonym:Agastache rugosa
Synonym:Agastache urticifolia

Light Blue

Aromatic

Flowers are good for cutting

By angele

Thumbnail #3 of Agastache  by tcs1366

Thumbnail #4 of Agastache  by growin

Thumbnail #5 of Agastache  by growin

Thumbnail #6 of Agastache  by growin

Positive gardeningfun On Jan 3, 2011, gardeningfun from Harpersfield, OH (Zone 5a) wrote:

I live in zone 5a, Geneva, Ohio, in very heavy clay; and this is by far the best bang for my buck yet! They have multiplied unbelievably here! I bought 3 tiny $1 plants from Bluestone Perennials - (http://www.bluestoneperennials.com), and couldn't believe by the end of summer how much they had grown and multiplied; but then the next summer they were over 5 feet tall and there were tons of plants! I bought 3 each - Black Adder, Blue Fortune, and Honey Bee. They are all together in the back of my picture I downloaded here, (in the back of the picture, behind the shasta daisy are all 3). The Shasta Daisy is the shorter, large clump of leaves with white buds on the top. The Agastache is against the house and all 3 are right beside each other. I can't imagine how many I'll have this year - I'll have to divide and give lots away! I love the Bluestone plants - I have only had 2 out of over a twol hundred not do well and those were experiment ones that they said sometimes come back and sometimes they don't because of the zone 6 label; so I tried them and they didn't. I love that place! It's worth taking a trip to or driving to in June when they have their huge sale! I usually spend $66 and get a whole new garden out of it the first summer and can divide the next! They have really large greenhouses you take carts thru and load up the flats. It's so cool. I look forward to it every year! This whole garden is one summer's sale. The Shasta Daisy in front of the Agastache was 3 plants also. I buy 3 of each one. The Centurea beside the Shasta Daisy was 3 different ones, and they are doing great. The Monardo is as amazing as the Agastache! They end up costing around $1.33 a plant, I think. It might be less! This picture is just one side of the bed, and only part of that side.

Positive tcs1366 On Oct 27, 2010, tcs1366 from Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI (Zone 5a) wrote:

Love this plant. thrives in dry soil. attracts bees and butterflies. I have it growing in zone5a and 4a. does well in both places. Gets quite tall. I have some close to 5 feet. Dead head if you do not want volunteers. Needs a lot of sun. Does not do well in shade.

Neutral Gabrielle On Aug 22, 2008, Gabrielle from (Zone 5a) wrote:

Blooms mid to late July in my garden.

Neutral berrygirl On Mar 18, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Medium 3' - Plant 16" apart. Zone 5-10. Upright spires of blue atop minty aromatic foliage. Attractive to bees, butterflies, and other beneficial insects.

Positive renatelynne On Jul 25, 2006, renatelynne from Boerne new zone 30, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

In a planter is central/south texas it doesn't need watering everyday which is a reall asset. Nice smell.

Scottsdale, Arizona