Miniature Rose 'Angel Wings'

Rosa chinensis

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Species: chinensis (chi-NEN-sis) (Info)
Cultivar: Angel Wings

Very Fragrant

Other Details:

Stems are moderately thorny

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

Daphne, Alabama

Southfield, Michigan

, Newfoundland and Labrador

North Augusta, South Carolina

On Feb 13, 2015, bsy16 wrote:

Is there any special treatment you need to do in order to get the seeds to sprout?I bought some seed from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds and I Have not tried to grow roses from seed yet.

On Jun 30, 2011, RUBYS from Wrens, GA wrote:

I started this rose from seed last fall. It is now about 4 ft. in height but I don't have any blooms.

On May 21, 2011, Meehlticket from Daphne, AL (Zone 8b) wrote:

I brought this plant down to So. Alabama from Minneapolis, MN. I bought it at the Friends' School's annual plant sale in the spring at the Minnesota state fair grounds.
This rose was always a small slow growing plant for me until it moved here. It really got its "growth" the second year and is now as tall as the mailbox and half as wide as it is tall, so probably 3 foot by 2 foot.
I've been pruning it away from the mailbox.
Steady repeat blooming except in the high heat of summer and it will re-bloom in the fall. My plant has single "stars" rather than a double or semi-double shown in other photos.
White and magenta blossoms on the same plant.

On Nov 6, 2010, Menk from Darling Downs
Australia wrote:

In some cases the flower form of this rose appears to show influence from Rosa multiflora.

On May 29, 2009, SW_gardener from (Zone 6a) wrote:

Very easy to grow Rose! Mine was wintersown and bloomed well the first summer! I started another this year indoors so now I have two, but the first that was wintersown grew much faster and healthier.

On Apr 16, 2008, CurtisJones from Longmont, CO wrote:

From your friends at Botanical Interests: Perennial to USDA zones 4-5. These charming little roses may take a while to sprout from seed, but when they do --- WOW! You may watch them every day to see how they have grown. The petite 1"-2" single and double flowers bloom in shades of pink and white. The plants will begin to flower at just a few inches tall. They may already be in bloom in their containers before you transplant them outdoors! Single and double flowers in shades of pink and white are no-fuss and easy to grow. A beautiful choice for containers on a sunny patio, porch, or balcony.

On May 23, 2007, lovesroses from New Hartford, CT (Zone 5b) wrote:

This is an enchanting rose, but be forewarned that it can exceed its growth projections! In my CT garden, it has reproduced itself many times and grows to an average of
4-1/2 feet tall by 5 feet wide! Planted just one seedling about 7 years ago, grown from Renee's seeds (it is the shell color).
Have transplanted some of its babies and they have grown likewise, to the point that I had to shear them back with hedge pruners as they wanted to overtake other nearby roses.
Ya' gotta love its exuberance and reliability, though!
Looks delicate but is a tough one!

On Mar 16, 2006, zzazzq from Madison, MS wrote:

I got my seed from an heirloom seed catalog several years ago but noticed that they don't carry it any more. Somewhat evergreen in central MS. Grows and blooms well in partial sun/part shade conditions. Never seen any blackspot on it even in our humid climate. When in full bloom it is very impressive. About 18" to two feet tall. Can be propagated by cuttings very easily in spring.

On Jan 18, 2006, Suze_ from (Zone 7b) wrote:

This an open-pollinated rose (seed can be saved). I've been growing it for several years now, I originally obtained seed from Renee's Garden. Fairly easy to grow. My mix contains three colors: Dark pink (almost a light magenta), shell pink, and white. Nice border plant, semi-evergreen in N. Central Texas.