PlantFiles: Boxleaf Euonymus
Euonymus japonicus 'Moness'

Family: Celastraceae
Genus: Euonymus (yoo-ON-ih-mus) (Info)
Species: japonicus (juh-PON-ih-kus) (Info)
Cultivar: Moness
Additional cultivar information: (aka Silver Princess)

Variegated

No positives

Negative hank9a On Jul 18, 2010, hank9a from Palm Coast, FL wrote:

Planted two specimens in full sun (southeastern exposure).Spring of
2009. In the summer, one plant became hevily infested with scale, the second plant suffered a lesser attack by scale. I treated both plants with horticultural oil in August and September of 2009 with apparently good success. Both plants overwintered an unusually cold winter for our area (Palm Coast, FL) with no apparent damage.
For good measure I treated both plants with a dormant concentration of horticultural oil in the winter.
Both plant came alive with new flushes of growth in the spring and I thought I was home free. By late May the plants were under attack again. This time by some so far unidentified pest.(not scale) I started horticultural oil spraying again with no success. Just today I sprayed with insecticidal soap. Plants look pretty crummy. Leaves are being attacked. looks like some sucking insect. Any one with similar experience ?

Lees Summit, Missouri