Euphorbia
Euphorbia 'Diamond Frost'

Family: Euphorbiaceae (yoo-for-bee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Euphorbia (yoo-FOR-bee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Diamond Frost
Additional cultivar information:(PP17567, aka Inneuphdia)
Hybridized by Grueber

Seal Beach, California

Temecula, California

Daytona Beach, Florida

Fort Myers, Florida

Gainesville, Florida (2 reports)

Miccosukee Cpo, Florida

Ocala, Florida

Port Charlotte, Florida

Quincy, Florida

Saint Petersburg, Florida

Spring Hill, Florida

Winter Haven, Florida

Clarkston, Georgia

Baton Rouge, Louisiana (2 reports)

Marrero, Louisiana

Falls Church, Virginia

Norfolk, Virginia

Staunton, Virginia

On Nov 25, 2013, DavidLMo from St Joseph, MO wrote:

Proven Winners needs to change its data on this. It grows on many occasions to 2' - 3' tall and 3' wide. Propagates easily. Break at a node, root in water and in a few weeks move to dirt.

At some point you may need to look this up under Chamaesyce rather than Euphorbia as it has been moved.

Blooms like all get out. :-) Works well in a pot in Zone 5b. Hot dry summer.

On Apr 29, 2013, kitty_rankin from Madison, WI wrote:

To my delight, my Diamond Frost plants overwintered in large containers outside. In Zone 5! Must have been our heavy snowfalls.

On Sep 20, 2011, buckeyegeorge from Fruit Hill, OH (Zone 6b) wrote:

An outstanding container plant. I have it mixed in with other summer annuals and it has bloomed nonstop, remained healthy and fills all the nooks and crannies that other, more uniform shaped plants, don't. My first year with this plant and it is now a container staple for me.

On Aug 26, 2010, DarlenePA from Mifflintown, PA wrote:

this is my second year growing this plant... I over wintered a few cutting last fall. took cuttings from them and planted 18 plants in various planters this spring. I was watering them this morning and Much to my surprise discovered several stems growing from the middle of one plant. I got a sheet of white paper and put it under the stem and sure enough tiny little seeds fell. I checked my other plants and there is no sign of this growing on them. Does anyone know anything about this?... will the seeds grow? when should I plant them?... how weird out of 18 plants grown the same way and only one produced seeds.

On Jun 5, 2010, Malus2006 from Coon Rapids, MN (Zone 4a) wrote:

Agree - this is a tough plant that pretty much have replaced Baby's Breath in most container planting. It have high drought tolerance and blooms constantly.

On Mar 14, 2010, joycerogers0713 from Wiggins, MS (Zone 8b) wrote:

Diamond Frost Euphorbia is the perfect companion in my container fairy gardens. It looks so dainty but don't let the looks fool you. This is a tough little plant that can take the hot and humid zone 8b Mississiippi weather. One of my favorite plants!

On May 1, 2009, gingern from Irvine, CA (Zone 10a) wrote:

Best plant ever!! 3 plants have been growing very happily for 3 years in full shade during Winter and full sun during Summer -- and it never stops blooming! I have tried for years to find a plant that will survive this difficult sunlight situation, and this little beauty not only survives - it thrives! When it gets a little too big and grows over the walkway, I shear it back, brutally, and it comes right back.

On Aug 13, 2008, wildeflower from Monmouth, IL wrote:

I just met this plant while working in a nursery in Minnesota. Brought it home to IL (z 5b) in a combination pot & it has survived neglect & almost drying out twice and today looks great. I will be seeing how well it winters over in my basement. Thanks to the above notes, I will see how fast it will grow from slips and hope to use it as an enhancement to my outside flower garden.

On Jul 23, 2008, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

I planted a couple of DF euphorbia in between a rose bush and now that it is established, it looks like I have an inground flower arrangement. Just beautiful. Low maint and easy to propagate.

On Jun 18, 2008, sandiegojames from San Diego, CA wrote:

Nice plant so far, after having grown it for 8 months. It's now about 14 by 20 inches in size, and covered by flowers like a haze of snowflakes. Cooler weather slows it down--fewer flowers, virtually no leaves. But it's always at least attractive.

On Mar 18, 2008, khopton from Adelaide
Australia (Zone 10a) wrote:

Love this plant!! Always in bloom. Doesn't mind heat/drought. Fast growing and just lovely. Highly recommended for warmer climates. Prune back if it gets leggy which may happen if kept in a pot and it will bush out beautifully!!

On Sep 15, 2007, BUFFY690 from Prosperity, SC (Zone 7b) wrote:

This plant is a no brainer
I have used it in container applications alone and with other plants
makes a great show either way
non stop blooming is a fabulous plus
have brought indoors and used with poinsettia plants in winter
works well in a sunny window
treat the same as any herb.

cant wait to put one in the ground next spring, just to test the size I can get out of it.

On May 7, 2007, Joelle from Norfolk, VA (Zone 8a) wrote:

I absolutely love this plant!! What a great filler and accent plant, and it's pretty enough to grow on its own as well. Here in Norfolk Virginia, it's maginally hardy. If it's protected and isn't cut back it will generally return. We had a few hard freezes this year and yet about half of the many plants I left in the ground last fall are showing signs of growth. So the moral is if you live in a marginal zone (8a and lower) don't cut this back, just let it do it's thing and then in spring when the ground warms up look for new growth, then cut back the dead stems.

On Jul 29, 2006, bethie7 from Riverside, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

I bought this euphorbis about 6 months ago in a 4 inch pot. I planted it in the ground and now it's a 4 foot wide 3 foot tall bush that blooms non-stop. Absolutely great and easy to grow.

On Dec 27, 2005, jooolster from Santa Barbara, CA (Zone 10b) wrote:

Never stops blooming. Light, airy white flowers. I grow it in the ground in full sun and in pots. Highly recommended.