Tomato 'Bella Rosa'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Bella Rosa

Morehead City, North Carolina

Liberty Hill, Texas

Randolph Center, Vermont

On Aug 15, 2012, JPinVT from RANDOLPH CENTER, VT wrote:

I've been growing these in VT for 3 years - they have become my favorite. I was surprised to find out they were bred for the SE! This year my ave fruit size is just over a pound each, with 10-16 tomatoes per plant. I grow from seed started about a month before frost and give them nothing but "tough love" in the garden.

On Feb 27, 2012, riceke from Snellville, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Planted 1st time in 2011 along side with Big Beef Hyb. Hard to tell the difference between the two with the exception that Bella was shorter in size and it seemed to last longer than Big Beef when the heat set in. I let it grow to fall and it still had tomatoes coming. This is a great large fruited determinate, that withstood up well to all the troubles of tomato diseases.

On Jun 17, 2010, walkingsmall from Dry Creek, LA wrote:

A very well balanced plant that handles heat well, and sets a lot of nicely sized tomatoes. A cage is needed, but not a particularly tall one; as the plant is strongly determinate and halts plant growth at full fruit set. Taste is very good with a good balance for a less acidic tasting tomato. .....Overall, A Winner in My Book!

On May 24, 2009, oldude from New Iberia, LA wrote:

This tomato is a keeper and a pleasant surprise. I pushed them hard in my hydroponics system and they have grown to5- 6’ tall when they are happy. Beefy tomatoes with good taste but need good support cages for the large tomatoes.

On Jul 13, 2008, mrweekend from Morehead City, NC wrote:

I got a lot of fruit from these plants, but they're pretty much done on July 12th, I'll pull them up in the am and replant with Amelias.

On Jul 18, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Sakata’s newest tomato, Bella Rosa is a large round determinate type that has trialed well in the Southeast. It is both heat tolerant and resistant to Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus, two very important benefits for the Florida tomato market! Bella Rosa produces firm and uniformly shaped fruit. This is the best flavored of the TSWV tomatoes that I have tried. Not as large as Topgun, but a softer juicer fruit. Production is about the same. Smaller plant than Amelia. much better tasting than BHN 444.