PlantFiles: Black-Eyed Susan Vine
Thunbergia alata 'Raspberry Smoothie'

Family: Acanthaceae (ah-kanth-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Thunbergia (thun-BER-jee-uh) (Info)
Species: alata (a-LAY-tuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Raspberry Smoothie
Additional cultivar information: (aka Smoothie Raspberry)

Not Applicable

Rose/Mauve

Blue-Green

By OhioBreezy
Thumbnail #1 of Thunbergia alata by OhioBreezy

By kniphofia
Thumbnail #2 of Thunbergia alata by kniphofia

Positive Chrisak On Apr 7, 2012, Chrisak from Milwaukee, WI wrote:

Last season I planted one in a pot and set it next to a fallen tree branch. As it grew i twined it around the branches and it spread out into a stunning display. Beautiful flowers covered the vines and it covered the entire branch. One of the most fun displays I've grown, and I cant wait to plant it this year!

Neutral NStewart10 On Aug 12, 2011, NStewart10 from Fayetteville, NY wrote:

I love the color of the flowers of this plant, although it hasn't been a vigorous grower. This is the first year I have had it. Recently I set it next to a bird mister, and the leaves are looking very spotted and blotchy. I take it, it does not like to have its leaves sprayed with water. I would love to know if there is anything else I can do to make it a look healthier.

Positive OhioBreezy On Aug 21, 2005, OhioBreezy from Dundee, OH (Zone 5b) wrote:

Positively a stunning vine to grow, I had mine in a pot, it should have been a hanging basket! Went from pot on ground, up onto plant stand, again to a higher plant stand, AND still it wants to grow. next year it will be IN ground on a trellis of it's own, it is simply the most gorgeous color I have seen. Average watering and this vine will continue to bloom for months as it has done for me!

Fremont, California