Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Siberia'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Siberia

Regular Leaf

Newark Valley, New York

Magna, Utah

On Jul 23, 2013, weedsfree from Magna, UT (Zone 7a) wrote:

This is the first year we grew this variety. Actually the first time we have tried growing an early variety. For me, it was a heavy producer of 3-4 ounce fruits. They didn't have the tomato tang but actually had a slight sweetness to them. They were very meaty with hardly any seed. The plant is just about done now but there are still a few tomatoes on the plant. The fruit does seem to ripen a little slowly. I pick off about 5 fruits a week. I have it in a container with peppermint, lime and lemon thyme and basil. I do not know if these companion plants have anything to do with the taste or productivity, but I am pleased. Makes me want to grow almost strictly early varieties.

On Aug 15, 2010, art_n_garden from Colorado Springs, CO (Zone 6a) wrote:

Wanted to like this early variety, but the flavor is lacking and the texture is mealy. It produced/ripened a little later than Stupice so the timing was nice, but the wait was not worth it.

On Sep 30, 2009, rbrown974 from Newark Valley, NY wrote:

At 6-to-the-pound, Siberia is a little smaller than claimed by the seed catalogs. But it's a good size for canning whole because they go in the jar without cutting. Yield is on par with Rutgers. One year I had trouble with sunscald late in the season but, on the other hand, it was the only variety not eaten by grasshoppers. Some catalogs say determinate; some indeterminate. Blight resistance is unknown to me.

On Sep 16, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A very early (48 day) 3-5 ounce cluster type tomato.