PlantFiles: Muscadine, Southern Fox Grape, Scuppernong, Bullace
Vitis rotundifolia 'Janebell'

Family: Vitaceae (vee-TAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Vitis (VEE-tiss) (Info)
Species: rotundifolia (ro-tun-dih-FOH-lee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Janebell

Edible Fruits and Nuts

By grafting
By budding
By simple layering

No positives

Neutral AL_GAConnection On Mar 16, 2012, AL_GAConnection from Columbus, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

I am not positive this is the cultivar for the vine I have. It is bronze in color with 3-4 inch leaves. I pulled it from the wooded area where it runs throughout the 5 acres of land. Trying to contain it and I finally got decent fruit last year. The rind of the fruit was tough as nails though. I thought maybe it needed more water so I will pay closer attention to it. Perhaps it isn't getting enough direct sunlight; it is shaded by some redtip trees. I apply massive amounts egg shells and left-over coffee grounds in the underbrush surrounding it.

Neutral Farmerdill On Sep 29, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A mid late season bronze self-fertile.