PlantFiles: Chrysanthemum, Garden Mum, Florist's Mum
Chrysanthemum 'Pelee'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Chrysanthemum (kris-AN-the-mum) (Info)
Cultivar: Pelee

Thumbnail #2 of Chrysanthemum  by Kim_M

By ryguy319
Thumbnail #3 of Chrysanthemum  by ryguy319

Neutral sybram On Nov 29, 2010, sybram from Burleson, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

Someone gave me this very attractive plant. It's still in the 6" pot with colored foil around it. I assume I should plant it, right. In full or part sun? I'm in north Texas, and our summers are hot and hotter. ;+) It takes a fierce little plant to make it in full sun. Will the blooms come off when I transplant it?

Positive Bobntx On Nov 21, 2010, Bobntx from Garland, TX wrote:

Bought my first ever Pelee Chrysanthemum at Home Depot three weeks ago. Price was very attractive. It is an excellent bloomer. Still putting on blooms. But I have yet to find how to care for it.

Positive outdoorlover On Sep 9, 2008, outdoorlover from Enid, OK (Zone 7a) wrote:

The bicolor chrysanthemums I have in our yard have pink petals with yellow centers with the daisy-like flower being about 1" in diameter. They flower the best in full sun, but the plant grows the biggest in part-sun. Beautiful little plant. I gathered the dried flower heads and plan to plant them. This chrysanthemum flowers earlier than the traditional ones. It began around July (I think) and just now completely finished.

Williston, Florida