Tomato 'Crnkovic Yugoslavian'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Crnkovic Yugoslavian

West Covina, California

Vero Beach, Florida

Tullahoma, Tennessee

On Mar 11, 2013, Morganics from Tullahoma, TN wrote:

Last year [2012] I harvested a plethora of one-pound, exceptionally flavorful tomatoes from this plant. Until we had five days of 100+ heat. Nonetheless, it's a keeper. Prolific and delicious.

On Mar 14, 2012, SoCagardner from Escondido, CA wrote:

The Crnkovic grew very well and produced a moderate amount of large tomatoes. I thought the taste was good but not great. I think on flavor I was spoiled by another large red tomato, the Brandywine Sudduth.

On Jun 19, 2011, b54red from Dothan, AL wrote:

Fantastic tasting tomato but I have found it very susceptible to fusarium wilt that is ever present in my garden. I will keep trying to grow more because the flavor is just so good. Maybe next season or this fall I can keep one alive long enough to get some full sized fruits. A friend of mine grew this variety from the same seed as me and his plant is very healthy and loaded with large, dark pink, delicious tomatoes.

On Jul 26, 2009, SLO_Garden from San Luis Obispo, CA wrote:

Crnkovic is now my officially my favorite pink tomato. There are no downsides to this variety. The plant is big, healthy and disease resistant and produces an abundance of large, luscious tomatoes with a fabulous, complex flavor. Crnkovic is definitely coming back next year.

On Mar 3, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

This tomato has a unique DG connection: According to the SSE catalog, this tomato was brought to the U.S. by Yasha Crnkovic, a colleague of SSE member (and DG member!) Dr Carolyn Male.

On Oct 15, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

An 85 day large pink beefsteak.