Tomato 'Early Doll'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Early Doll

Leaf Type:

Regular Leaf

Ukiah, California

On Sep 30, 2015, ocean_314 from Ukiah, CA wrote:

Heavy producer of good tasting tomatoes that are twice the size of the 4th of July tomatoes. Did well even with our hot 105% to cool fluctuating summer this year.

On Nov 19, 2012, jaleigh126 from La Porte, IN wrote:

This tomato was great. I planted it out early after being too eager and starting the seed in mid February, I wish I could say what date, but I made no note and guess that it was mid-April. I wanted a fourth of july tomato! It took the cold well ( I protected it from extreme cold) I didn't get fourth of july's but very close, mid july tomatoes. The plant is large but not out of control. It needs more than the dinky standard cage, but it would still do well in small gardens. It's listed as an early tomato, but it bears well even until frost. Disease resistance for me was good. I didn't notice any spots or withering leaves even when tomatoes next to it had them. The thing I loved most was that it had NO BLOSSOM END ROT. Not a single fruit had it. BER is a problem in my garden, so this earns t... read more

On Nov 17, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This very early 5-ounce fruit. Early Doll F1 is a bright red globe shaped tomato with excellent flavor. Every grower or gardener needs an early maturing variety like this one. An early tomato with flavor is a real find.