PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Early Doll'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Early Doll

Fresh, slicing

Leaf Type:
Regular Leaf

Positive jaleigh126 On Nov 19, 2012, jaleigh126 from La Porte, IN wrote:

This tomato was great. I planted it out early after being too eager and starting the seed in mid February, I wish I could say what date, but I made no note and guess that it was mid-April. I wanted a fourth of july tomato! It took the cold well ( I protected it from extreme cold) I didn't get fourth of july's but very close, mid july tomatoes. The plant is large but not out of control. It needs more than the dinky standard cage, but it would still do well in small gardens. It's listed as an early tomato, but it bears well even until frost. Disease resistance for me was good. I didn't notice any spots or withering leaves even when tomatoes next to it had them. The thing I loved most was that it had NO BLOSSOM END ROT. Not a single fruit had it. BER is a problem in my garden, so this earns this tomato a place in my garden for years to come. I am willing to overlook its average flavor (still appreciated because of its earliness and better than supermarket flavor) for its hardiness, productivity, earliness and smooth fruit. One small negative was that the fruit cracks just a bit after heavy rains, but with our Midwestern drought, this wasn't much of an issue. Try to pick ripe fruit just before the rains. Still, the green ones that cracked ripened up just fine and tasted just as good.

Neutral Farmerdill On Nov 17, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This very early 5-ounce fruit. Early Doll F1 is a bright red globe shaped tomato with excellent flavor. Every grower or gardener needs an early maturing variety like this one. An early tomato with flavor is a real find.