We will be rolling out several small fixes mid-day today (Jan 29.) We do not anticipate any disruptions or problems, but f you spot any unexpected issues after 12 noon (PST), please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

PlantFiles: Luculia
Luculia grandifolia

Family: Rubiaceae
Genus: Luculia (lew-KEW-lee-uh) (Info)
Species: grandifolia (gran-dih-FOH-lee-uh) (Info)

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Veined

By Samkaringal
Thumbnail #1 of Luculia grandifolia by Samkaringal

Positive Samkaringal On Apr 15, 2010, Samkaringal from Frankston Victoria
Australia wrote:

This is a most beautiful plant, I can recommend it!
I live in Melbourne, Australia, and have this growing in part shade against the side of my house. Our climate is coastal temperate, and it will tolerate strong winds. The flowers are pure white, 2.5cm across, in clusters, with the most wonderful strong fragrance. The soil is damp, but it rarely gets watered. The only downside is propagation. I have been trying for years, using various cuttings at different times of the year, with no avail. It probably need bottom heat to strike. This year I have attempted to collect seeds, and will try tip cuttings (a method recommended) in spring (September).