PlantFiles: Cucumber, Pickling
Cucumis sativus 'Gurney's Burpless Hybrid'

Family: Cucurbitaceae (koo-ker-bih-TAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Cucumis (KOO-koo-mis) (Info)
Species: sativus (sa-TEE-vus) (Info)
Cultivar: Gurney's Burpless Hybrid

» View all varieties of Cucumbers

Vegetables

Positive greenbrain On Mar 22, 2007, greenbrain from Madison, IL (Zone 6b) wrote:

This was sent to me as a substitute for County Fair. At first I was disappointed since Co. Fair is the only bacterial wilt resistant cuke & very productive. I decided to grow it along side the County Fair & to my amazement it actually grew faster, outproduced, & out lived the County Fair. I made several quarts of delicious bread & butter pickles & the cukes were also good in salads. If cuke beetles are a problem in your area, I suggest giving this one a try. Oh, & it also survived an extended hot dry spell when nothing was setting fruit but the cukes.

Neutral Farmerdill On Dec 26, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A 55 day hybrid which is mild, never bitter, and easy to digest. Resists scab, leaf spot, mosaic virus, mildew, and anthracnose.

Madison, Illinois