PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Old German Pink'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Old German Pink
Additional cultivar information: (aka German Pink)

» View all varieties of Tomatoes

Remove fleshy coating on seeds before storing
Ferment seeds before storing

Fresh, salad
Fresh, slicing

Leaf Type:
Potato Leaf

Positive idealpeggy On Sep 10, 2012, idealpeggy from Lexington, KY (Zone 6b) wrote:

This is a heavy producer but very slow maturing. I quit counting at 25 presently, but have only had one turn pink so far. The one I harvested was huge and good! Very sweet! The vine is over 10 feet tall. I should have topped it, but I'm a rookie and didn't know you could/should do that.

Positive Gabrielle On Jul 7, 2007, Gabrielle from (Zone 5a) wrote:

This is the BEST tomato I have ever had. Wonderful flavor, not acidic, solid, not too many seeds. I can't say enough.

Neutral berrygirl On Mar 3, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Also sold as simply 'German Pink'. One of the two original Bavarian varieties that started SSE. Potato-leaf plants produce large 1-2 lb fruits with few seeds, very little cracking, or blossom scars. Full sweet flavor. Excellent for canning, freezing and slicing. Indeterminate, 85 days from transplant.

Neutral Suze_ On Jan 17, 2006, Suze_ from (Zone 7b) wrote:

Potato leaf foliage. Quite productive. Seeds from Brook Elliott. Not too sweet for a pink. Very nice flavor.
Indet. 85 days