Leopard Plant
Ligularia stenocephala 'Little Rocket'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Ligularia (lig-yoo-LAR-ee-uh) (Info)
Species: stenocephala (sten-oh-SEF-ah-luh) (Info)
Cultivar: Little Rocket

New Richmond, Wisconsin

positive
negative

On Jun 29, 2011, skiekitty from Parker, CO (Zone 5b) wrote:

Very unfussy plant, doesn't seem to care if it gets watered or not. In my mini-rose bed, so, during drought, gets watered once a week if it's lucky. Beautiful flower spikes! A+ plant in my opinion!

On Jun 8, 2011, Bazuhi from Downers Grove, IL (Zone 5a) wrote:

Year is 2011 and this plant was actaully planted in my garden in 2010, so this is it's first actual year of growth since I never count the first year. I saw this plant a couple years in a row at the local Home Depot and wouldn't purchase it due to actually looking it up on the net and finding that it prefers a damper soil. I also read that the snails and slugs also love this plant and to put sand around it to keep them away. Well I broke down and bought 2 of this variety and 2 of the Brit Marie. Yes when it gets really hot the leaves do droop but I see my coneflowers doing the same thing, I am not home a lot and so far it hasn't affected them but we have been getting rain in between the hot spells. The foliage is doing great and it is more of a green color then the maroon color they had ... read more

On Aug 19, 2010, chagrinriv from Middlefield, OH (Zone 6a) wrote:

We bought this plant to use in a very shady area. It looks great. But, if I don't water it EVERY day, it wilts. I would be interested to know others experience with it.

I usually go out in the early morning and water it with about 1 1/2 gallons of water from a watering can. If I don't it does a serious wilt about 2 - 3:00 pm. I'm afraid to not water it, lest it die.