PlantFiles: Nectarine
Prunus persica var. nucipersica 'Sweet Pearl'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Prunus (PROO-nus) (Info)
Species: persica var. nucipersica
Cultivar: Sweet Pearl
Additional cultivar information: (PP13495)
Hybridized by Bradford; Year of Registration or Introduction: 2003

Pale Pink

Patented

By drobarr
Thumbnail #1 of Prunus persica var. nucipersica by drobarr

By YesMan_
Thumbnail #2 of Prunus persica var. nucipersica by YesMan_

Positive drobarr On Jan 16, 2013, drobarr from Hummelstown, PA (Zone 6b) wrote:

I purchased this nectarine tree in 2009 from Lowes. It is a medium sized nectarine with very smooth skin. Its skin is very dark red/purple blending into moderate yellowish under color. Has very sweet flavor and flesh is white and is free stone. I live in zone 6b (Hummelstown, PA) and have had great fruit set every year, even with an early breaking of the dormancy and a late frost (2012). Maturity is reached around mid August.

Neutral DrDoolotz On Jul 20, 2008, DrDoolotz from Oxford, NS (Zone 5b) wrote:

I bought one of these trees yesterday at Lowe's. It doesn't have a zone label on it but I'm hoping it will work out here in Iowa, even if it doesn't reliably fruit every year (similar to my peach).

Parentage of the tree was Red Glen and an unnamed white fleshed nectarine as the pollen parent.

The tree has white fleshed nectarines. I have not tasted one since I just got the tree. I'll see how it does here in Iowa and try to remember to update this note. If you see that I haven't updated the note, please remind me and I'll do so!

Neutral Tir_Na_Nog On Feb 12, 2006, Tir_Na_Nog from Houston
United States (Zone 9b) wrote:

I bought 2 of these nectarine trees at a Lowe's and I cannot find any information about it online!!!! Hoping someone can add to this file....will update about tree progress....UPDATE 7/19/08----we moved from this location over a year ago before fruit bore so I can't comment on that, the simple label the plant came with from the box store had a patent # on it but there was little we could find out about this tree.

Las Vegas, Nevada