Asiatic Lily
Lilium 'Elodie'

Family: Liliaceae (lil-ee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lilium (LIL-ee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Elodie

Pale Pink

Flower Shape:

Trumpet

Bloom Size:

3" to 6" (76 mm to 150 mm)

Color Pattern:

Spotted

Shiny/Glossy-Textured

Flowers are good for cutting

Conway, Arkansas

Leesburg, Virginia

Madison, Wisconsin

South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

On Oct 4, 2014, ricrac from Kirkland, WA wrote:

I've had Elodie for several years now. I planted it in a pot and have kept it yr. round outside on my deck. It's bloomed more and more each yr. Enough so that I feel I can cut a few stems and take them inside. The blooms are a lovely soft pink. There isn't any fragrance, or not enough to upset this allergy sufferer.

When I originally planted it, all I ever did was mix a little potting or planting soil with peat. I probably also gave it some bone meal at that time since it was a bulb.

Since then, if it gets anything, it's the same thing all my other deck plants get -- a little Miracle-Grow maybe 3-4 times from early Spring thru Summer and the past few yrs I've been giving them Super Thrive 2-3 times from Spring to Fall. Other than that, it gets watered when ... read more

On Jan 4, 2014, eolivas103 from Las Cruces, NM (Zone 8a) wrote:

2nd year update: Thanks Joan for the post about first year blooms. I thought I got a bum deal from the supplier because mine bloomed as a single. I saw your post though and so I uploaded my picture of a first year bloom. I do like the color on this Lily and it had multiple blooms the first year. 2nd year update: Elodie is starting to appear as more of a double. I am really in love with this flower. The color is just gorgeous and where I usually am focused on the flower, I love the plant equally in this... read more

On Jun 16, 2010, JanFRN from St. Albert

I began with five bulbs three summers ago. Today there are at least three times as many plants and they are sturdy, hardy and absolutely gorgeous. They're in an area of my yard that is fairly protected, which is what allows them to do so well in my zone 3a garden. They're quite a bit taller than I expected, which turned out to be a blessing because the shrub I planted them behind is a monster!

On Jul 24, 2009, Joan from Belfield, ND (Zone 4a) wrote:

Editor's Note

There have been reports that some of the photos in this entry are misidentified because 'Elodie' is described as a double bloom. We've learned that this cultivar is one of those that often blooms as a single in it's first year and then takes on the characteristic double form in subsequent years.