PlantFiles: Asiatic Lily
Lilium 'Elodie'

Family: Liliaceae (lil-ee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lilium (LIL-ee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Elodie

Pale Pink

Flower Shape:
Trumpet

Bloom Size:
3" to 6" (76 mm to 150 mm)

Color Pattern:
Spotted

Shiny/Glossy-Textured

Flowers are good for cutting

By pixie62560

Thumbnail #6 of Lilium  by Milochka

By poisondartfrog
Thumbnail #7 of Lilium  by poisondartfrog

Positive ricrac On Oct 4, 2014, ricrac from Kirkland, WA wrote:

I've had Elodie for several years now. I planted it in a pot and have kept it yr. round outside on my deck. It's bloomed more and more each yr. Enough so that I feel I can cut a few stems and take them inside. The blooms are a lovely soft pink. There isn't any fragrance, or not enough to upset this allergy sufferer.

When I originally planted it, all I ever did was mix a little potting or planting soil with peat. I probably also gave it some bone meal at that time since it was a bulb.

Since then, if it gets anything, it's the same thing all my other deck plants get -- a little Miracle-Grow maybe 3-4 times from early Spring thru Summer and the past few yrs I've been giving them Super Thrive 2-3 times from Spring to Fall. Other than that, it gets watered when everything else does and if raining, I make sure it's not under the eaves so it gets watered naturally. It gets morning sun and then again in the afternoon during the summer. There's a few hours mid-day, when it's shaded by the deck wall.

This fall I'm moving it from the planter down to the garden.
It's past due by a couple yrs., at least, for dividing.
I'm guesstimating I'll get a minimum of 4 or 5 new plants out of it.

All the green's haven't died off yet, but last yr. I waited for that to happen and never got it done. (I'm a fair weather gardener-- not a foul weather one!) Therefore, this year I'm going to go ahead and do it with the greens still attached and hope it works. I'll give it a little bulb food or
bone meal -- have both and not sure yet which I'll use.

Maybe I've just been lucky it's done so well. Ignorance is bliss. I know I haven't done everything I should have and have probably done things I shouldn't. However, I do talk to my plants and let them know I love them. ;>)

Positive eolivas103 On Jan 4, 2014, eolivas103 from Las Cruces, NM (Zone 8a) wrote:

2nd year update: Thanks Joan for the post about first year blooms. I thought I got a bum deal from the supplier because mine bloomed as a single. I saw your post though and so I uploaded my picture of a first year bloom. I do like the color on this Lily and it had multiple blooms the first year. 2nd year update: Elodie is starting to appear as more of a double. I am really in love with this flower. The color is just gorgeous and where I usually am focused on the flower, I love the plant equally in this case and also love how the flowers rest atop the tower-like plant.

Positive JanFRN On Jun 16, 2010, JanFRN from St. Albert

I began with five bulbs three summers ago. Today there are at least three times as many plants and they are sturdy, hardy and absolutely gorgeous. They're in an area of my yard that is fairly protected, which is what allows them to do so well in my zone 3a garden. They're quite a bit taller than I expected, which turned out to be a blessing because the shrub I planted them behind is a monster!

Neutral Joan On Jul 24, 2009, Joan from Belfield, ND (Zone 4a) wrote:

Editor's Note

There have been reports that some of the photos in this entry are misidentified because 'Elodie' is described as a double bloom. We've learned that this cultivar is one of those that often blooms as a single in it's first year and then takes on the characteristic double form in subsequent years.

Conway, Arkansas