PlantFiles: Grandiflora Rose, Hybrid Tea Rose
Rosa 'Arizona'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Arizona
Additional cultivar information: (PP3568, aka Arizona Tocade, WERina)
Hybridized by Weeks; Year of Registration or Introduction: 1975

Class:
Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)
Hybrid Tea

Orange and orange blend (ob)
Orange pink (op)

Thumbnail #6 of Rosa  by pixie62560

By pixie62560
Thumbnail #7 of Rosa  by pixie62560

Positive 80s_child On Apr 11, 2013, 80s_child from Hayward, CA wrote:

I bought this from Costco as rose tree last year,didn't know much about it BUT For Grandifora, Gives u LARGE blooms, very pretty colors like salmonish orange with hint of yellow inside , well growth and blooms repeatedly with light scent ,BUT gets REAL TALL,Needs pruning more often, I dont have any problem with diseases or anything with it .. Because I use Bayer all in one product on all my roses & also planted in sunny area, pretty colors with LARGE size blooms.. Nice tree & some people asked for name of the rose .. . Looks colorful and pretty in my garden, I'm happy with it!.

Positive HolyChickin On Jan 12, 2011, HolyChickin from Fort Lauderdale, FL wrote:

WOW! Is this one is very pretty! Nice big blooms, strong fragrance, hues of orange, yellow, salmon... exceedingly strong grower. I hacked mine up a few weeks ago and it is going bonkers! I should get crazy with the pruners more often!

There are only a couple of complaints I have... it has LOTS of thorns and is not very resistant to diseases. It is a blackspot magnet! Although, regular treatments of Immunox Plus and Neem have taken care of any disease problems. ;) Accordingly, I am rewarded with blooms the size of a grapefruit.

Neutral Joan On May 10, 2010, Joan from Belfield, ND (Zone 4a) wrote:

Editor's Note Plant Patent number 3568 has expired.
Neutral MistyPetals On Feb 2, 2008, MistyPetals from North Augusta, SC wrote:

I purchased this plant today. AARS 1975. The canes are VERY thorny on this plant - OWWWWWCH.
It's a grandiflora with dark leathery leaves, upright and vigorous growth habit.I'll post again after this plant has an opportunity to "prove" itself in my garden. ;)

Positive jenhillphoto On Jun 10, 2006, jenhillphoto from Danbury, CT (Zone 6a) wrote:

This plant is new to me. The blooms start off much more orange/peach colored and as it ages fade to a soft pink. Great scent that can be enjoyed just as passing by.

Hayward, California