African Daisy, Cape Daisy
Osteospermum ecklonis 'Serenity White Bliss'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Osteospermum (oss-tee-oh-SPUR-mum) (Info)
Species: ecklonis (ek-LON-iss) (Info)
Cultivar: Serenity White Bliss

This plant is resistant to deer

Oak View, California

Winter Springs, Florida

Hinsdale, Massachusetts

Durham, North Carolina

Latrobe, Pennsylvania

On Aug 14, 2007, Opoetree from Oak View, CA wrote:

We bought one of these about twenty years ago. A year or two after we got what was called a pinwheel daisy, it stopped having much of the pinwheel effect. However, the daisies continued to thrive...through frosts and droughts. Nice flower...wished it would have kept up the pinwheel effect.

On Jul 10, 2006, peacheroo from Durham, NC wrote:

The cultivar I bought looked exactly like this, but was titled 'Whirligig' (not seen at this site). It's a cheery little thing, and pairs beautifully with bushy Purple Basil in my garden. As the summer is progressing, I'm noticing the 'spooning' of the petals is less pronounced or not there at all on many of the flowers. But I was told this plant usually stops blooming for a while here in mid-summer heat, then begins again when it cools off, so I'm happy to see blooms at all in NC mid-July. Maybe I'll have more spoonage when it cools off.