Verbena 'Lanai Peach'

Verbena hybrida

Family: Verbenaceae (ver-be-NAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Verbena (ver-BEE-nuh) (Info)
Species: hybrida (hy-BRID-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Lanai Peach
Additional cultivar information:(LanaiŽ series)

USDA Zone 10b: to 1.7 °C (35 °F)

USDA Zone 11: above 4.5 °C (40 °F)

Navarre, Florida

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Belle Chasse, Louisiana

Wantagh, New York

Prosperity, South Carolina

Glen Allen, Virginia

Newport News, Virginia

On May 4, 2013, plantmover from Hampton Roads, VA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Several plants of this verbena, including a couple divisions, overwintered the past two years and came back beautifully here (Zone 7b). The Homestead Purple and Aztec Raspberry that were planted nearby in the same bed promptly died off the first winter, but the Lanai Peach are still going strong!

On Sep 26, 2009, nancybond from Windsor, Nova Scotia

This plant was a star performer from the moment it was planted. Regular dead heading kept a wash of blooms throughout the summer and it is still blooming the end of September. Water regularly. Grown this season in a hanging basket; zone 5b, Nova Scotia, Canada. Would heartily recommend.

On Aug 22, 2008, BUFFY690 from Prosperity, SC (Zone 7b) wrote:

At the garden center where I work this one is a winner. As soon as it hits the lot from the delivery truck and sometimes sooner (special ordered), it is out the gate. I had great luck with this plant this year in some home containers as well, even in the drought conditions and little supplemental watering. Its foliage has kept a deep green color and had tremendous bloom cycles all summer. At work the plants we experimented and grew out looked 10 times better than what we bought in. I used all we grew in experimental/display plantings and they were fab. I reccommend this for any southern gardeners, wanting a tough plant that is fairly delicate looking.

On Jun 9, 2007, Richmondgirl from Glen Allen, VA (Zone 7a) wrote:

I love verbena, and when I saw the color of this one I knew I had to have it for my garden!