PlantFiles: Lily Flowering Tulip
Tulipa 'William and Mary'

Family: Liliaceae (lil-ee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Tulipa (TOO-li-pa) (Info)
Cultivar: William and Mary

Division:
Division 6 - Lily-Flowered

Pale Yellow

By ann17
Thumbnail #1 of Tulipa  by ann17

Positive momma222 On May 2, 2012, momma222 from Toronto

One of the most beautiful tulips, an iridescent white edged with a delicate mauve-ish pink. Colder springs make for more pink.

Has withstood -30 temperatures with no special care in our highly variable Toronto (ON) winters..

The gas company destroyed my beloved plants, which were here when we moved in 26 years ago. For the first Mother's Day in over two decades, I will not have a bouquet of Queen-of-the-Night and William-and-Mary picked by my daughter.

This cultivar used to be listed on this site years ago, with exquisite photos. What happened?

If anyone has bulbs to share or trade, or can provide information on sourcing or propagation, I would be most grateful. There is one small plant which I believe might be a "pre-blooming" baby ...

Pullman, Washington