PlantFiles: Daylily
Hemerocallis 'Mountain Laurel'

Family: Hemerocallidaceae (hem-er-oh-kal-id-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Hemerocallis (hem-er-oh-KAL-iss) (Info)
Cultivar: Mountain Laurel
Hybridized by Griesbach-Klehm; Year of Registration or Introduction: 1979

» View all varieties of Daylilies

Late Midseason (MLa)
Late (La)

Flower Size:
Large (more than 4.5" diameter)

Blooming Habit:

Thumbnail #1 of Hemerocallis  by TBGDN

Thumbnail #2 of Hemerocallis  by TBGDN

Thumbnail #3 of Hemerocallis  by TBGDN

Positive TBGDN On Jul 27, 2006, TBGDN from Macy, IN wrote:

I bought this daylily at a large nursery/garden center at least 10 years ago with the plant label showing a clear picture firmly stapled to the container. One flower was completely opened, and I was amazed and stunned at the rich velvety color and texture of this beautiful flower. It is listed in the Eureka Daylily Register (along with about 30,000 other cultivars), and the only information there are the hybridizers' names and year of introduction. I have searched since February 2006 to find at LEAST one picture to compare it, but with no success! I've Googled, tried DG Plantfiles and looked at countless books and websites to no avail. What bothers me most is WHY it isn't better known, since it is such a stunning flower. Of course there are tens of thousands of registered cultivars out there, but I would have expected to see this one somewhere. I can only assume this is the correct flower and name since I cannot make a comparison with a reputable source. I would like to know for sure what I have: But it makes no difference if it turns out to be something else in the end: It is NICE! All DG'ers are invited to comment regarding any information, or concerning the authenticity of this plant. (Griesbach-Klehm 1979)

Macy, Indiana