African Violet
Saintpaulia 'Pow Wow'

Family: Gesneriaceae (ges-ner-ee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Saintpaulia (saint-PAWL-ee-a) (Info)
Cultivar: Pow Wow
Additional cultivar information:(aka Powwow)
Hybridized by K. Stork

Velvet

Leaf Color:

White/Cream variegated

Propagation:

May be propagated by cuttings (leaf, sucker, or bloom stalk)

Capistrano Beach, California

Ellerbe, North Carolina

Maryville, Tennessee

positive

On Apr 5, 2011, leisure500 from Indianapolis, IN wrote:

When I was making my first online order for violets in 2007, I ran across a photo of Pow Wow.

At the time, I was looking for a violet with variegated foliage, and one of Lyndon Lyon's offerings, ... Private Dancer, ... seemed like what I was looking for.

But I do significant research on the plants I purchase (most of the time), and I wanted to see a photo of the whole plant, rather than just the blossom and a leaf which Lyon showed in their online catalog.

So I did a photo search for Private Dancer across the Internet, ... and came up with (3) possible photos. Of the (3), only (2) exhibited the violet-blue blossoms Lyons showed for Private Dancer. The other plant, though it was nicely variegated, ... had deep red blossoms. In its own way, ...... read more

On Aug 24, 2007, gessiegail from Taft, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Powwow (7708) 06/15/1992 (K. Stork) Semidouble red pansy. Variegated green and cream, plain. Standard