PlantFiles: Aloe
Aloe scobinifolia

Family: Aloaceae
Genus: Aloe (AL-oh) (Info)
Species: scobinifolia

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Cactus and Succulents

Thumbnail #2 of Aloe scobinifolia by Xenomorf

By Xenomorf
Thumbnail #3 of Aloe scobinifolia by Xenomorf

Neutral palmbob On Aug 22, 2006, palmbob from Acton, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

Somalian native with rough (sort of like shark skin), toothless leaves of a dull, pale olive-green. Plants are usually clustering to form small groups and leaves upright and often curved laterally all in one direction or another. Lives in areas of sparse vegetation and very low rainfall, but at altitudes up to 5000'. Flowers can be yellow, orangish or even scarlet in summer. I have a dinky seedling I got mail order summer 2006 so no personal experience with it yet. Seedlings are lightly spotted and a limier green than adult plants.

Now that I have grown (that's a euphemism for kept alive) these plants for over 2 years I have concluded that, at least in my zone9b southern California, this is one of the slowest growing aloes there are. My seedlings are still dinky and at the rate they are growing it will take 10 years or more to get to flowering size.

Positive thistlesifter On Aug 21, 2006, thistlesifter from Vista, CA wrote:

Not much experience with the plant, as it is new in my collection.

Mesa, Arizona