Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Talladega'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Talladega

Charlotte, North Carolina

Soddy Daisy, Tennessee

Liberty Hill, Texas

On Jan 26, 2012, Grace34 from Spring Hill, FL (Zone 9a) wrote:

I bought the plant at Walmart in September with many fruit larger than cherry tomatoes. I have part of my garage that has sunshine for over six hours a day. Set the plant there and while it was in the 20's, there was no wind and the plant kept growing. We ate the ripe fruit in December and the last tomato in January. Skin is tuff, but tomato is tasty. I would definately buy that plant again.. The fruit is not very large, but terrific for salads, etc.

On Sep 22, 2006, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A Rogers/Syngenta introduction. Mid-season variety with high resistance to Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus, great choice for growers looking for added insurance against yield loss. Developed primarily for the Southeast U.S. growing regions in the spring and also the fall, where some heat setting ability can be important. Performs well with light to medium pruning. It has held its own with Bella Rosa and Sophya production wise. Drought and heat have been atrocious this year and Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus especially virulent, All my tomatoes are half as large as usual.