Hybrid Tea Rose 'Garden Party'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Garden Party

Susceptible to mildew

Prone to die-back

Good for cut flowers

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Mcallen, Texas

Mission, Texas

Salineno, Texas

On Jul 29, 2010, PenelopeEC from Dallas, TX wrote:

I purchased two of these from Wal-Mart (along with Two Gold Medals, all of which have performed outstandingly) and couldn't be happier with them. They have been disease free, vigorous growers (one has already reached 5 ft and they were planted in late April 2010) and very generous with their blooms. Nice fragrace too! Wish I had purchased more.

On Aug 11, 2009, Joan from Belfield, ND (Zone 4a) wrote:

Editor's Note

Plant Patent number 1814 has expired

On Jul 6, 2009, muadib from Decatur, IL (Zone 6a) wrote:

(7/6/2009) Just put mine in the ground 2 weeks ago, and disbudded her so that she'll grow strong from the bottom first. As soon as she blooms again I'll be posting photos. Looked far & wide to find this one and I'm excited to see how she does.

(8/5/2009) Six weeks in the ground & bloomed like clockwork. Posted the pictures that turned out best for all the viewers to get an idea of the color & growth habit. Has been warm & wet here, but not hot or dry. Unsure what conditions exactly would prompt this rose to keep the beautiful picotee that the buds had.

On May 1, 2009, BajaBlue from Rancho Santa Rita, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

My first experience with this rose was in 1967 when as a teen I worked in a nursery. As I would water all the rose bushes, this variety would always have lots of large beautiful blooms even though it was in a one gallon container. The bloom is a creamy white with edges of pale yellow and pale pink on the edges as a picotee but also some pale yellow and pale pink color on the petals other than just the edges. Nice scent also. I had three planted at home then, and always had many bouquets of huge blooms, When I married, I planted more in our mew garden. If I could find some today, I would gladly have a bed full still !

This is one of my top all-time favorites, and believe me, I have MANY favorites!