Hybrid Tea Rose 'Radiant Perfume'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Radiant Perfume
Additional cultivar information:(PP14915, aka Radiant Perfume, JACadnof)
Hybridized by Zary

Resistant to mildew

Resistant to rust

Susceptible to black spot

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Thousand Oaks, California

Grants Pass, Oregon

Casco, Wisconsin

On May 15, 2014, lancer23 from San Francisco, CA wrote:

This is a very tall, long caned hybrid tea. Its 7 ft plus tall but the long stem is very brittle and break in the wind. It will make wonderful cut flowers with the long stem. The fragrance is amazingly strong of fruit/ apple, peach, jasmine. One of the best scented rose I got. The bush form is rather gangly so I put it against the fence in the back. Moderate amount of thorns. I agree with the other comment that the flower will go from bud to fully opened bloom with no intermediate/half open bud. But it does hold the bud for a very longtime,so you can cut it and enjoy the bud longer then most other rose. The yellow is very solid egg yolk and bright and doesn't fade in my hot sun.

On Dec 31, 2010, tgwWhale from Casco, WI wrote:

This rose if far from perfect, but it is one of the few yellow hybrid teas I have been able to grow in our ugly "frozen tundra" NE Wisconsin climate. (We are rated as Zone 5, but that is probably because we get an extended fall without killing frost because of the proximity of Lake Michigan. Our winters are ugly and I can get hybrid teas through them only by boxing them up and burying them in ground.)

The bloom is magnificent. The color is truly yellow, does not fade, and is not much (if at all) less rich in the hot summer. The fragrance is strong. It makes an exquisite cut flower.

The negatives: The blooms open very quickly, so if you insist on half-opened blooms -- they way they come in a bouquet from the florist -- you won't like this one. You have t... read more

On Jun 27, 2010, litisk from Gold Canyon, AZ (Zone 8b) wrote:

Very, very fragrant with big, beautiful blooms. You cannot go wrong with this plant.