Floribunda Rose, Cluster-flowered Rose 'Moondance'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Moondance
Additional cultivar information:(PP19126, aka JACtanic)
Hybridized by Zary
Registered or introduced: 2007

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

White (w)

Resistant to mildew

Resistant to rust

Susceptible to black spot

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Amherst, New Hampshire

Racine, Wisconsin

On Mar 8, 2015, DaylilySLP from Dearborn Heights, MI (Zone 6a) wrote:

On Aug 31, 2014, lancer23 from San Francisco, CA wrote:

Got this plant as a cast off from the local nursery. Planted at a dark corner at my community garden was stolen my a member and rescued. I took back home potted up, unhappy in a container for more then a yr. Refused to bloom for another yr. finally got put in the ground and I pruned it and used cutting for propagation and have extra plants now. Great white color healthy not doing a thing until it got settle in the ground. Bloom cycles in rotation with "Iceberg" I have a white rose bed that blooms continuously all season. Its more compact and better forms then Iceberg. Slight fragrance better scent in a hot day. Holds petals better and better cut flowers then Iceberg. Very healthy like Iceberg, no spots, no rust , no damage from the high wind. I'm glad I didn't give up on it.

On Jun 21, 2010, HolyChickin from Fort Lauderdale, FL wrote:

This is a beautiful rose!! I have a Fortuniana rootstock and it is doing VERY WELL! It still does on occasion get a little bit of black spot, but then NOTHING is safe from it where I live! The humidity is out of control!

I get so many comments on the flowers this bush puts out and it almost always has a bloom! When I look outside my window at night, you can definitely see these very pretty CLEAR white roses!

Currently, I am INFESTED with spidermites... remarkably, this is one of the bushes that doesn't have it. What is crazy is; the two bushes next to it have them and this one doesn't. Possible resistance? Your guess is as good as mine!

UPDATE: Won the war against sipder mites (it wasn't easy by any means) and had a few rose casualties. :( Th... read more

On Jul 18, 2008, slrob from Fort Worth, TX wrote:

I was amazed by the prolific blooms on this rose. Handles the western sun in DFW area like it was a native plant. Wonderful creamy white compact flower.

On Jun 1, 2008, dare2love from Racine, WI wrote:

I planted this rose last year, and was astounded by how gorgeous it was. GORGEOUS white rose, and moderately fragrant. Looks good against a dark backdrop - lights up the garden at night.

On Feb 9, 2007, mystic from Ewing, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

2007 AARS (All-American Rose Selection) winner.