PlantFiles: Cutting Celery, Leaf Celery
Apium graveolens var. secalinum 'Da Taglio'

Family: Apiaceae (ay-pee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Apium (AY-pee-um) (Info)
Species: graveolens var. secalinum
Cultivar: Da Taglio

Vegetables

Not Applicable

Positive Penka On Dec 5, 2012, Penka from Salisbury Plain
Australia wrote:

Hi, I have grown this celery herb, I purchased a plant from our local garden centre many years ago and I harvest the seeds.

My current plant is over 5 ft tall and is in flower and setting seed. I seem to be able to grow Italian parsley almost as tall and its almost ready for seed harvest.

I donít do anything special with the plants, at times they get neglected and they still thrive and I grow most of my herbs all year round, some of my friends donít have the same luck as I do and they are keen gardeners.

Regards

Penka
South Australia

Neutral Farmerdill On Nov 10, 2006, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Wonderful cutting type celery grown for its highly flavored leaves (does not produce true thick stalks). Use it in substitution of Parsley for stronger flavors. (77 days)