Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Lantana 'Greg Grant'

Lantana camara

Family: Verbenaceae (ver-be-NAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lantana (lan-TAN-a) (Info)
Species: camara (kuh-MAR-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Greg Grant
Hybridized by G. Grant

Pale Yellow

Variegated

Plano, Texas

positive

On Feb 1, 2016, coriaceous from ROSLINDALE, MA wrote:

The unripe fruit of this species is toxic to humans. The foliage is toxic to many animals if ingested.

This species has naturalized in 14 states and is considered damagingly invasive to natural areas in Florida and Hawaii.

The World Conservation Union IUCN has included this species on their list of 100 of the world's worst invasive species, an honor it shares with only 31 land plants.

On Nov 10, 2006, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Described as an unstable cultivar, with some variegated branches reverting to green. Mine has reverted some, it's planted inground, with some shade. I have considered removing the green branches, as I do with other plants which revert, but then I wouldn't have much of a lantana.
UPDATE Aug 2008: I got the nerve to cut all the green branches and while it looked puny for a while, today I have a nice variegated clump.
UPDATE Apr 2012: Can't believe I've been growing this plant over 6 years. Continues to have branches which revert to green and continue to trim them off w/o hesitation. Definitely enhances variegation. Otherwise, an easy plant which deserves a Positive rating, and I've changed accordingly. Easy to propagate by cuttings.