PlantFiles: Lantana
Lantana camara 'Greg Grant'

Family: Verbenaceae (ver-be-NAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lantana (lan-TAN-a) (Info)
Species: camara (kuh-MAR-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Greg Grant

Thumbnail #2 of Lantana camara by seedpicker_TX

Thumbnail #3 of Lantana camara by vossner

Thumbnail #4 of Lantana camara by vossner

Positive vossner On Nov 10, 2006, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Described as an unstable cultivar, with some variegated branches reverting to green. Mine has reverted some, it's planted inground, with some shade. I have considered removing the green branches, as I do with other plants which revert, but then I wouldn't have much of a lantana.
UPDATE Aug 2008: I got the nerve to cut all the green branches and while it looked puny for a while, today I have a nice variegated clump.
UPDATE Apr 2012: Can't believe I've been growing this plant over 6 years. Continues to have branches which revert to green and continue to trim them off w/o hesitation. Definitely enhances variegation. Otherwise, an easy plant which deserves a Positive rating, and I've changed accordingly. Easy to propagate by cuttings.

Plano, Texas