Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Zsa Zsa
» View all varieties of Peppers

Heat (Pungency):

Sweet (0 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:

Bell

Fruit Size:

Medium (4" to 6" in length)

Fruit Color:

Early (55-68 days)

Silver Spring, Maryland

positive

On Aug 24, 2009, cloverlymd from Silver Spring, MD wrote:

I got this variety in hopes of getting something similar to some mislabelled plants I had years back. So far they have performed very well. The fruits are in between conical and blocky, and have good thick walls; they start out cream and ripen to a red-orange color (I think they are hallucinating this golden stage). I set out plants in mid-April and had my first (unripe) pepper on August 1st, and the first ripe pepper two weeks later. (I must add that we had an extremely cool spring/early summer.) Production has been pretty good. The flavor of the unripe fruits is milder than that of a regular green pepper.

On Dec 21, 2006, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

According to one vendor, this is a blocky pepper with very thick walls; ideal for stuffing. The hungarian type fruit are 5- by 3-inches and somewhat conical. Plants are open and of medium height and the fruit color transfers from creamy, to golden, and eventually to red.